El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i have an 86 305 5.0 and Im wanting and need to clean it up a hell of a lot and was wondering what I could be taught about the vacuum system that needs new line but i know some replace lines with just filters? I also will need to know what each piece is cause I am smart as a rock! As well the tach is going crazy where it will bottom out past 6 when accelerating and idles at 4-5 rpm, supposedly at 4-5rpm.
So anything you can teach me from anyone that can help get the ol girl running right and nice again is greatly appreciated. Thank you :biggrin2:

·
Deputy Director, Region 25 Site Supporter
2,574 Posts
Welcome Grinder,someone here will help you mate,l do not have the info you need.l'm sure JJLT1 or HKDUP87 will find what you need.
I would imagine the vacuum lines would look like spagetti on an 86.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
:Welcome!: newbie

here's how to get around the site

http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=57844

are you in oh or wv? We have many members in oh, and I'm near Charleston in wv, maybe one of us could stop by and get you started.

as far as info goes, watch the video on the link above, then use the search feature, it is your friend.

also

pics, pics, we want pics!

:poke:

·
Venerated Member
501 Posts
By all means check with Robert (HKDUP87)...he has done a couple of those 5th gen motors and had them pass smog here in Kalifornia....I am hoping your tach is reading at least 400 to 500 RPM...either that or that is is one amazing setup you have workin' there :)

Welcome to the site ! :beer:

Chris :driving:

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
welcome Chris

hey Moose,, I got ahold of the hotrod sikottik hottline lady on the pfone, she said
replace 1 vacuum line at a time, just like plug wires
get 6' ft of each,, 1/8" 3/16" and 1/4" vacuum hose at the parts store..

heres some vacuum diagrams
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/re...epairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0900c1528005163f

:texas: oh, she said your tach is not right, it might be pozessed, :eek3: she'll call back..:bigups:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,865 Posts
Welcome from Florida ! :florida: We like pics.

The stock tach goes bad a lot of times.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Hello everyone i have an 86 305 5.0 and Im wanting and need to clean it up a hell of a lot and was wondering what I could be taught about the vacuum system that needs new line but i know some replace lines with just filters? I also will need to know what each piece is cause I am smart as a rock! As well the tach is going crazy where it will bottom out past 6 when accelerating and idles at 4-5 rpm, supposedly at 4-5rpm.
So anything you can teach me from anyone that can help get the ol girl running right and nice again is greatly appreciated. Thank you :biggrin2:
Do you need smog check out there???? Or does the truck have smog I have all kinds of pictures and videos.

here's some just hit the x in the right corner top and it will take you to the album picture by picture.

http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/HKDUP87/slideshow/ENGINE SWAP

I'm sure you need these original trim refinished showroom condition $700.00 plus frt.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Pick up the FACTORY SHOP MANUAL, it is invaluable if you plan to do ANY work on it yourself. I got mine from Ebay and recently picked up the Electrical Troubleshooting guide too.

·
Deputy Director, Region 25 Site Supporter
2,574 Posts
welcome Chris

hey Moose,, I got ahold of the hotrod sikottik hottline lady on the pfone, she said
replace 1 vacuum line at a time, just like plug wires
get 6' ft of each,, 1/8" 3/16" and 1/4" vacuum hose at the parts store..

heres some vacuum diagrams
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/re...epairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0900c1528005163f

:texas: oh, she said your tach is not right, it might be pozessed, :eek3: she'll call back..:bigups:
Lol JJ,looks like l got the spagetti bit right!

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Welcome Chris,, as the deputy director of region 8 welcome!!!! Where are you located at?? I am in central Ohio,, on July 26th we are having a her together at the AF museum in Dayton, I hope you can come!!! Get with Robert he has some nice 5th gens,,,, post some pics when you can,,, welcome Matty man!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts