El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
there is ne trick ,you just start all three bolts before you tighten any.there is generally one round hole and 2 elongated ones in the flywheel start the round hole first.if you just put one in and tighten it you most times cant get the others started

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Not really any tricks,there are several mounting holes,in most flex plates spin it until they line up, should be 3 Holes that line up .:beer::texas:

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tourque bolts install

Can i bump my starter with Sparkplug wire Off to turn flywheel for tourque converter bolts alignment???

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had put on bolt in guess i will loosen it and try to acess other bolt holes to put other 2 remaining bolts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I leave them loose and after all 3 are in torque them down,, not slopply loose, finger tight so the converter can move around a tad,, Matty man

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Put a socket on the balancer nut, maybe, and use a breaker bar on it? Works best without spark plugs in!

There is a special tool for turning the flex plate. But if you put the transmission in neutral, it shouldn't be hard to turn the torque converter.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
You can but a long flat blade screwdriver or a flywheel turning tool works great,, the problem with bumping is your either to short or two long of a bump,, the screw driver works fine for me,, Matty man

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay with the use of the screwdriver were do u place it for leverage to turn the flywheel
Also will bumping starter hurt ignition system????

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
combined two separate threads on one specific task by same author and moved combined thread into proper forum in order to get better replies from other members. Hope this helps.
thanks for the move p.s job complete thanks guys

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can but a long flat blade screwdriver or a flywheel turning tool works great,, the problem with bumping is your either to short or two long of a bump,, the screw driver works fine for me,, Matty man
Thanks Scredriver worked perfect

1 - 14 of 14 Posts