El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Help Guys Need To Know names of the things on my left inner fender well in with alot of vac. hoses connected Not fuel cainister or windshild wiper fluid container THANKS
Name/ Purpose

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
About the only other thing I can think of is your battery is on that side or at least in my 80, perhap it's different in a 86. Michael in Virginia:smileyb:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I have an 84, left side w/s washer res, charcoal canister, vacuum ball for cruise and horns are what I can think of now. Post a pic and we can see what else you have

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Probably the vacuum canister and ball. Check the vacuum hoses for a tight fit and inspect the one that runs all the way under the WW resivoir to the firewall for cracks.

Battery is on the Right side Michael.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I have a 86 w/ canister,ball & cruise control.I removed the cruise control,so can I remove the ball ? also what is that dohicky on the right fender well dead center w/ lots of wires going in and coming out then going to the computer?can I remove that too ? and the computer itself? I have removed all the pollution hoses & pump as well as the computer controled carb & distrib.I run an edelbrock int.manifold & carb & vacuum distrib.I want to clean up under the hood but I want to keep the gauges,a/c,heater,defroster etc.but I can live without the cruise(didn't work anyway)so can I get rid of the computer & dohichy & all that extra wiring without losing what I want to keep ??

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
If you have AC, the vacuum ball also powers the controls of the AC. You've about got everything else named for you.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
that bracket behind the overflow tank is the est module and baro sensor you can loose it if you have disabled the emission stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts