El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been looking for a picture or diagram of the emissions on an 1986 V6 El Camino.
I need a picture because someone took of the "diverter valve" <- not sure if correct name, and i don't know where the heck it is supposed to be mounted!
So i basically need to know where the "diverter valve" (whatever the smog pump hose goes to) is mounted. So if you guys have time can you help me and maybe take some pics of your own smog pump?
Ill take pictures of my problem when i can.
I looked at autozone... no help, and i really don't want to have to buy a manual online or go to a mechanic when i can do this myself. :nanawrench:
Thank you guys for your time!
Danny P.

·
Banned
164 Posts
off of my 84, all is coming out took pics just in case I needed to put it back, good luck

Attachments

·
Banned
164 Posts
OPPS!!! DUH! :blush: I did not see the v6, sorry, I thought everybody had a V-8, I had one this morning
It should be close to or the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you Millard for this it still looks nothing like the mounting bracket that i have but ill see if it is possible to mount it in the same possition. Do you think it would mount on the back of the smog pump? just taking a guess here.
Oh and for your "better shot" the smog pump hose goes to the bottom of the diverter valve right? like where your hand is in the picture?
Again thanks for all of the pics ill see if i can put it on later in the week, im kind of busy with college right now and some tests are comming up.
Thanks for your time!
Danny P. :texas:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool.
Well thank you very much. Ill get some pics soon and maybe you can help me if i still cant get it to fit. Thanks very much!:yell:

·
Registered
190 Posts
IMHO, unless you're restoring that thing for some kinda Barrett Jackson auction, gut all that useless s**t out, lol. I have never gotten my truck inspected and had the guy ask me where my smog pump was. 9 times out of 10 they don't give a damn, or they don't know what the hell they're lookin at! lmao.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ha ha!

IMHO, unless you're restoring that thing for some kinda Barrett Jackson auction, gut all that useless s**t out, lol. I have never gotten my truck inspected and had the guy ask me where my smog pump was. 9 times out of 10 they don't give a damn, or they don't know what the hell they're lookin at! lmao.
lol okay so... first off what the helllllll is a Barrett Jackson auction? lol
and i thought you needed it for the smog poop? I mean i would think it wouldnt pass the emmissions, people say it does but i don't see how it would if it leaves unburned fuel... me and my dad went over this he highly recomended that i put that shet all together... -_-...so i am... :dontknow: yo no se (i don't know) what to do...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts