El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having an issue with the rear end in my Elco and I'm having a really hard time finding a shop that's interested in touching it. I've only found 2 places that will touch it and they're both 2+ months out for work right now. Does anyone on here know of a place?

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Gears and Rears in Oakland Park FL in Broward County rebuilt the rear end and installed the posi unit in my '69 during my restoration.
His address is 4430 NE 8th Ave, Oakland Park, FL 33334...954- 444-1420. He even sand blasted and primed the whole rear-end before starting the work. You can check out that section in my thread in the forum build section. Hopefully he is still there. He did my job in late September 2016. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gears and Rears in Oakland Park FL in Broward County rebuilt the rear end and installed the posi unit in my '69 during my restoration.
His address is 4430 NE 8th Ave, Oakland Park, FL 33334...954- 444-1420. He even sand blasted and primed the whole rear-end before starting the work. You can check out that section in my thread in the forum build section. Hopefully he is still there. He did my job in late September 2016. Hope this helps.
You're actually the second person I've heard to recommend them. If I can ask, did you bring the whole car to them or just the rear end?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been having an issue with the rear end in my Elco and I'm having a really hard time finding a shop that's interested in touching it. I've only found 2 places that will touch it and they're both 2+ months out for work right now. Does anyone on here know of a place?
Paul's Transmissions by Commercial blvd and Dixie 954 566 8228. Guy works on Muscle cars at a reasonable rate. If he doesn't do it he'll know where to send it. The Creative Workshop in Dania Beach 954 920 3303. They'll do it but you'll need to take out a 2nd mortgage... Frame off restoration company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts