El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally ready to tackle some rust issues over winter. Interior and carpet are out, including the smugglers box, which is where I found quite the problem. The floors were in decent shape but both corners of the box area are completely rotted out. Under the box the rot has taken the two body mounts located under them also, unfortunately. Two of my brothers also have 5th gens, neither having rot in this location! I have read the smugglers box is the floor pan from a 4-door on this platform :)dontknow:). Has anyone had to replace these sections? And if so, anyone have an idea on where to find this sheet metal?? Im guessing ill have to make up my own mounts, but i'd really like the floor sections.

·
Registered
544 Posts
cant help you with the locating sheet metal,sorry but i was curious to why it rotted in those area? does your rear window leak? mine used to leak due to a small hole behind the window trim. good luck with the repair. carl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help! I'm still on the search... I'll be sure to give my procedure when its all done. Any more suggestions would be appreciated, as I'll check back here.

·
Registered
178 Posts
the smugglers box can be bought keep searching cant remember where:poke:but I had no luck finding mounts I used chevelle trunk mounts and made them work they were close match If I find where to get that floor I will post

1 - 6 of 6 Posts