El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a problem with the seat belt retractor mecanism, basically I have no idea how it works, but I can definitive see that there are broken parts. Can anyone explains me how it works and the name of the parts that I missed to make it work? Thank you for your time

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
281 Posts
Comfort Lock Feature.

Allows occupant to adjust the shoulder belt for proper fit and comfort. When engaged, the comfort lock prevents full retraction of the webbing to eliminate occupant discomfort due to webbing load on the shoulder. occupant can readjust the comfort lock during vehicle operation. When door is open c/l is automatically unlocked so the webbing can fully retract to the stowed position. The broken part in your picture is available from different suppliers.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Comfort Lock Part Two.

According to my manuals pictures, there is a left and right. There is a gasket in between the "outer door lever" part and the edge of the door holding the whole assembly with two screws. The smaller round part of the Green plastic? end inside the door is to engage in the round white colored plastic "bushing" possibly locking or unlocking the retractor depending on the door position. Not sure if thats possible looking at your last two photos. I think you can replace the whole part by just the two screws, making sure that the part is assembled to the retractor properly. Good luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Been there, done this. I could hear my mother's voice in the background "Patience is a virtue son!"

·
Registered
276 Posts
These are easily found in the junk yards. There is a left and right. You may need to pull back the cargo compartment carpet to see where the green 'thingy' fits into the retractor when installing. If you go for a junk yard part, make sure the metal spring is not rusted. I think the seal are available as a repro part.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same problem, my seat belts wont retract, & also the buckles wont click together, it seems the female part wont accept the male part. I'm gonna try WD-40... They Give Tickets here for Not wearing them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts