El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten help here before and what I have is a Sanden ac compressor on my 355. It has never been real cool and I remember a post about a Blue (Ford ) orifice being used instead of the Chevy to get better cooling.

Does anyone have any information on that?

Mine is not cooling at all right now so before I have it checked for leaks or what is the problem, I wanted to pursue the orifice thing again.

thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
What does a set of gauges reveal about the AC system pressures? Is the compressor clutch cycling or turning on at all?

Changing the orifice tube I think is a quite invasive choice at this stage of AC analysis. I believe you will be pumping the entire system down if you do this to remove moisture, etc.

Rick

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rick, I will have it checked

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But I didn't hear it cycling, I will watch to see if clutch is engaging

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have gotten help here before and what I have is a Sanden ac compressor on my 355. It has never been real cool and I remember a post about a Blue (Ford ) orifice being used instead of the Chevy to get better cooling.

Does anyone have any information on that?

Mine is not cooling at all right now so before I have it checked for leaks or what is the problem, I wanted to pursue the orifice thing again.

thanks in advance!
Mine was completely clogged up....changed it out, charged the system and cold air!
when you say, changed it out, do you mean you cleaned out the evaporator core?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts