El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my '86 was backed into, and i will be calling some places to day for estimates. the good news is the other guy's insurance will be paying for it. He is a good friend and i don't want to hose him on an estimate. I still have the trim piece and it isn't bent. the trim by the wheel is a little bent where the two would meet but not too bad. any help will be appreciated.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,538 Posts
Had something like that happen to my '86 a couple of years ago. Since it's a corner, it does take the body shop some extra work to get it right. It cost $1,000 for my repiar, however, while it was in the shop, I did have them remove the bed rails too. So, if I subtracted the extra work, I'd have to guesstimate $700-$800. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another problem is i will be moving from ohio to Kansas next week and i need this done by Sunday, Monday at the latest. how much more do you think it would cost to rush the job?

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,538 Posts
A lot, because to be honest, I don't think that's a realistic timeframe to get a quality job.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Depends on labor rate at $50/hr, I would say around $1400 + tax.

R&I rear bumper
R&I R/R filler, strip, prime and paint
R&I rear side marker
R&I wheel opening mldg
R&I front of wheel mldg
R&I bed rail and corner mldg.
R&I nameplate
Repair 1/4, blend color forward and clear entire panel, cut in at sail panel
R&I tailgate upper mldg & license pocket, & emblem.
Blend tailgate and clearcoat.
2-3 days. 4 at most.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Bager,, are you moving for good?? A new job I hope for ya,, I hate to see ya go,, good luck on the repair,, I know the hot rod shop seems to be packed right now,, let us know,, Matty man

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matty, I am moving out for a full time job with Pioneer doing drought resistance on corn.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Is there anyway you could get it done in Kansas?? Maybe it would be better quality than a rushed job?

Where are you movin? Im in Olathe KS. Northeastern Kansas.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will be moving to Garden City, South West area. My grandfather gave me his old 04 ram today, so know the body shop can take all the time they need to make it perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts