El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... i figure since you guys are car people you could help me (i am on the long and dangerous road to becoming a car person myself)

my brothers car is fuel injected and it had an idleing problem when he got it. he drove it like an idiot instead of fixing it like i told him to do. now the only way to get it started is pushing the gas while you start it, even though it is fuel injected. then after you get it started the RPM's shoot through the roof and we shut it off before it blows up or something. any ideas would help... we are thinking there is something wrong with the fuel pump, but if any of you have any opinions that would be helpfull.

thanks

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
A non-El Camino and a non-Chevy? Shame on you! Actually, it would help if you told us what kind of car it really is, year, make, model, and engine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i felt ashamed just posting it... but its not my car. its my brothers.
its a VW golf and its older but i'm not sure how old. also it has a 4 cylinder engine. seeing as i have given almost no information to you i am not expecting much. i guess my lazy brother is out of luck bwahahahahaha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts