El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully my daughter finishes her last graduate course and proceeds to her internship through Emerson College. She parked her car in my side yard about 11 months ago and I have been working on it for the past two months off and on. We have replaced all belts, hoses, the radiator, plugs, wires, filters, and I have polished the original paint to a nice shine but still need to replace the carpet and seats inside. Thinking about installing the split Cadillac electric leather seats. Any suggestions? The carpet is really needing new coloring and cleaning or should we just buy the new ones? The chrome will stay as is since it has a lot of dinks with screws helping secure to the car. I don't like the small sideview mirrors and will save them for storage but we need to find some that you can really see behind you with. We put a mod on the R12 air conditioner and it refilled up great with nice comfortable air. The car is in great running condition and should be ready for her when she finishes her masters (hopefully this fall).

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
welcome Jim from Wisconsin

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Welcome from Ca. On the chrome molding mi8ne was trashed and was going to buy all new but the guy who did my truck sent it out to be refinished. I don't know how they do it but it looked new. When I say thrashed to me it was junk. Here's a picture after.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I would put some type of 2 door seat so that you can reach the spare tire and jack.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Welcome from Georgia! Mirrors are a pet peeve of mine. If you aim them correctly they're adequate for all but towing. It takes getting used to, but don't aim the left mirror at the side of the car; aim it at the blind spot between your review and your peripheral vision on the left. I can't stand nearly being hit by someone changing lanes with the left mirror aimed at their quarter panel. All that does is let you see how bad the damage is after it happened. Don't put ugly mirrors on it, aim them. Patrick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts