El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my truck back yesterday the paint came out nice with a couple of things that didn't make me really happy but I'm over it. Again they didn't get all the left over color sanding dried on powder out of the cracks and my new rims had over spray so by the time I got home and tried to clean the rim I was pissed off big time . I took a min. and decided to take of the rim to clean then I thought I have a buffing wheel for my drill and that saved the day. He didn't paint the top of the hood inside and the door jams weren't color sanded. I'm going to be having some air brush work there so I left it at that and for the $1800.00 I paid that's what I got. The truck looks great but it's the little details that I can see but probably won't be noticed unless I point it out I can fix myself. It's a daily driver and like before it will start getting chipped up by the rocks on the road here in Los Angeles can't be avoided. I wouldn't recommend anybody to this paint shop if after three weeks couldn't clean the truck . I don't think it's a good idea customers don't like getting something they sent for a new look to be totally dirty in and out. So I really do like the way it looks and I will definitely be turning so heads while out on the road or in the parking lot. Here's a short video and will post some pictures later.:nanawrench:

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
SWEEEEEEETTT!!!:beer:
I'd like to see it in a brighter light.
Oh, FYI; for $1800.00 thats a steal of a deal!!!!
Donny

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Me likey!

Very nice gloss, beautiful color and the gold stripe sets it off perfect.

Unless the paint flakes off when you wash her, $1800 is a good deal.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks
I don't think the paint will flake off he painted it twice so I should have a good base coat. Somehow I deleted all the other pictures so I will get some today in the sun. It's hard to find a nice place with a background like Tranny Mikes picture it's all concrete and asphalt with oil stains here in L.A.:poke:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Got my truck back yesterday the paint came out nice with a couple of things that didn't make me really happy but I'm over it. Again they didn't get all the left over color sanding dried on powder out of the cracks and my new rims had over spray so by the time I got home and tried to clean the rim I was pissed off big time . I took a min. and decided to take of the rim to clean then I thought I have a buffing wheel for my drill and that saved the day. He didn't paint the top of the hood inside and the door jams weren't color sanded. I'm going to be having some air brush work there so I left it at that and for the $1800.00 I paid that's what I got. The truck looks great but it's the little details that I can see but probably won't be noticed unless I point it out I can fix myself. It's a daily driver and like before it will start getting chipped up by the rocks on the road here in Los Angeles can't be avoided. I wouldn't recommend anybody to this paint shop if after three weeks couldn't clean the truck . I don't think it's a good idea customers don't like getting something they sent for a new look to be totally dirty in and out. So I really do like the way it looks and I will definitely be turning so heads while out on the road or in the parking lot. Here's a short video and will post some pictures later.:nanawrench:
[URL]http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/HKDUP87/paint%202/th_100_1894.jpg[/URL]

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/HKDUP87/paint 2/100_18801.jpg?t=1340946710
First let me say the Elco looks good but you should NEVER have a car painted with your good rims should have got some cheap junkyard rims & tires. Ive worked at bodyshops for the last 20 years & I dont know anyone that would do all that for $1800 most the time a flawless paint job with all the door jams, under the hood, pullen the rims off & puting the car on jack stands, & doing a full detail in & out after its done would start out at $5000 min.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
First let me say the Elco looks good but you should NEVER have a car painted with your good rims should have got some cheap junkyard rims & tires. Ive worked at bodyshops for the last 20 years & I dont know anyone that would do all that for $1800 most the time a flawless paint job with all the door jams, under the hood, pullen the rims off & puting the car on jack stands, & doing a full detail in & out after its done would start out at $5000 min.

I wasn't going flawless it's a daily driver and it didn't need any bodywork I mostly was talking about the clean-up before giving it back that got me.. I know how much it cost I paid $5000.00 back 5 years ago but I screwed it up. I thought about the rims to late. Once I get a new daily driver then I will get the show paint but for now the paint is nice for what I paid for. It will be chipped up in no time down here in L.A. with all the 18 wheelers rolling at 55 mph.:beer: I buffed the new rims and there back to normal and all the crap in the seams and moldings. Now I'm ready for the motor swap next week.

Here's the $5000.00 with body work done by the same guy. Everything was color sanded and clean when I got it back and I paid for it. These pictures are 3yrs. old after the first paint except the first one.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
Thanks
I don't think the paint will flake off he painted it twice so I should have a good base coat. Somehow I deleted all the other pictures so I will get some today in the sun. It's hard to find a nice place with a background like Tranny Mikes picture it's all concrete and asphalt with oil stains here in L.A.:poke:
...Thats ok,I got photoshop that will take care of the asphalt and concrete...:inlove:
:beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
...Thats ok,I got photoshop that will take care of the asphalt and concrete...:inlove:
I always know my truck will look new on paper with you watching my back.:nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench: I better start looking for the red tail Bud is the beer of choice here in L.A. Finding Coor's Light can be a problem at most liquor stores.

·
6,292 Posts
...I think thats all they drink up here,Coors light,shouldn't be a problem..:beer::beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...I think thats all they drink up here,Coors light,shouldn't be a problem..:beer::beer:

They have 36 packs for the 4th $ 19.98 plus tax plus the .5c a can that goes somewhere. I sure don't get that much back when I turn them in. So I will load up this week.:secret::secret:
Robert

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Robert, It really looks great in the video! The gold pin stripe really makes it look very classy! You keep saying it's "just" a daily driver, BUT from what I can see in your video, THAT'S one sweet looking Elky!! Definitely show worthy for sure!! I wish mine looked half as good!
PS. The new wheels look good too!

·
6,292 Posts
Nice video,can't wait to see it in person..:beer:

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Robert, doors jambs would probably bother me also not colorsanded. If it's beyond your current skill level, or at least trying, many detail shops could do that for you. As far as the underside of the hood being unpainted, you could get someone else, such as a large chain shop like maaco to remove hood & finish underside.

There,s always options if your not happy with your baby's condition. If you want to try color sanding & buffing your own door jambs, you can pick up a few sheets of 1,000 1,500 & 2,000 grit 3-m wet & dry paper, a small rotary foam pad kit to use with a drill you may already have, & some meguiars diamond cut compound to start. Diamond cut starts out agressive enough for sanding scratches, then turns into a polishing rouge as it breaks down, giving you more result for your time spent.If you feel like trying later,I'll be glad to advise you more.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Robert, It really looks great in the video! The gold pin stripe really makes it look very classy! You keep saying it's "just" a daily driver, BUT from what I can see in your video, THAT'S one sweet looking Elky!! Definitely show worthy for sure!! I wish mine looked half as good!
PS. The new wheels look good too!
As long as it say's El Camino they all look good. Your's fits the area you live in so to me your's looks great in it's setting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts