El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made this for computer winners like me. It's the same steps for videos.

click on picture

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to try that. And I'm already shure it will take me longer!

Only took me 6 months to figure it out 6-hours a night:dontknow:

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here it is again click on picture.

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Made this for computer winners like me. It's the same steps for videos.

click on picture

[url]http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/HKDUP87/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20ROBERT/Pictures/11-21-2012/th_100_3233.jpg[/URL]
All I received in your post was a little sign with a little red X in it saying "sorry, this person has deleted or moved this picture" or something like that. It looks like others saw a pic that you posted, I didn't. What did I do wrong?? :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Never mind, I found your video just above your "bump". Here is what has been blowing me away for several years. Where you see IMG code, I see IMG thumb. When I use IMG thumb I dump my whole album to my post. I simply do not have an IMG code choice. OK, to send a single pic to my post I have to go to Direct Link, click on a pic link, copy and paste it to my post, surround the link with
, and bingo, the selected pic shows up on my post as follows, just the way I want it with a good sized pic and "click on pic for larger view" or something similar to that. No one has been able to tell me why I see these codes differently. My system works well for me (after years of frustration) but it bugs the heck out of me why I see and have to use codes differently than others. Any Ideas? :dontknow:

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know what you can try just pull up your pic. then right click on it then left click on copy and go back to your post right click then left click paste and see if it brings the picture or just the link after you preview the post or hit submit sometimes it has to be submitted first for the picture to show not just the link. I used to be able to copy any picture that way but I can't figure out if I changed some type of program.:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the way, I forgot to mention, I use Photobucket too.
That's what I have read my post above i just sent before this and give it a try.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
OK, which code do you want me to try. When I do what you suggest using IMG thumb it always puts all of the links in that album on the post, I know that for sure. That is what I mean when I say "when I use IMG thumb it dumps the whole album to the post. I'll send you a pic from direct link the way you suggest and see what happens.

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b418/elkihlp/100_0511.jpg

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
OK, which code do you want me to try. When I do what you suggest using IMG thumb it always puts all of the links in that album on the post, I know that for sure. That is what I mean when I say "when I use IMG thumb it dumps the whole album to the post. I'll send you a pic from direct link the way you suggest and see what happens.

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b418/elkihlp/100_0511.jpg

Don't use any just go to your photobucket pick a picture then click on it so it enlarges it to the only picture showing then put your arrow in the middle of the picture then do what I said in the post above. Try this first for the heck of it if your computer is setup like mine was you can copy anything anywhere on the web. and paste it anywhere also. If not try the steps below.

For single pictures I use the IMG link only NOT IMG THUMB and direct link for the complete album..

This is what I'm looking at when I want to get a picture over here using the IMG link only. Just left click on the link and it will turn yellow and say copied and bring it over here then right click it will show paste just left click on paste and when you preview or submit the post the picture will come up.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Here goes.

Well, a miracle just happened! As I have said before I don't (or didn't) have a IMG code to use, and when I tried using Img thumb sure enough even using your instructions my whole album of 32 pics showed up in my post box. BUT, out of nowhere came a link from Photobucket which I had never seen before saying "update your link choices". I clicked on it and up came a list of link codes with a check box for each. My Img code box was not checked but my IMG thumb was. I unchecked IMG thumb and checked IMG code and now I can post like you can with no problems or the added step of typing the IMG brackets around each pic link in my post! Thank you for your help, without it I would never have stumbled onto the link update function. Don't know why it popped up and will probably drive myself nut finding it again. At any rate I am now aligned with the rest of the world and that makes me very happy! Here are 2 pics using IMG code, it' a snap! :You_Rock:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Here is how I do it. Sign in to photobucked, go to library and click the album I want to pull pics from, then I put the cursor over the pic I want and a little Gear looking symbol pops up in the corner of the pic, move the cursor over the gear and a box pops up, the first choice is 'Share', left click on it, it brings up another box that says share photo, left click on the 'Links' it gives you 4 choices, the last one is the one for forums, just left click in it and go back to the forum and right click, then left click paste, and Whalla!:texas::beer:
Hey Don, I think the pick of the back of HKDUP's truck is in his signature.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Pix Transfer

Here is how I do it. Sign in to photobucked, go to library and click the album I want to pull pics from, then I put the cursor over the pic I want and a little Gear looking symbol pops up in the corner of the pic, move the cursor over the gear and a box pops up, the first choice is 'Share', left click on it, it brings up another box that says share photo, left click on the 'Links' it gives you 4 choices, the last one is the one for forums, just left click in it and go back to the forum and right click, then left click paste, and Whalla!:texas:[URL]http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s466/hotrodelco/Terrysengine102_zps4266c805.jpg[/URL]:beer:
Hey Don, I think the pick of the back of HKDUP's truck is in his signature.
Hotroddelco, Thanks For The Info, I'am Trying To Put One Of Those Small Photos With Link Of More Photos To Nick's El
Thanks Don P.

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank You For The Link. How Did You Get The Small Pix Of The Bed Of Your Elcamino To Appear At The Lower Portion Of Your Replies?
Don P.

Go to user cp at the top of the page click on it and all your stuff comes up to modify look for edit signature then you can type a quote and there's an upload box click on browse then go to pictures that you have on your computer or do it the same way as I posted above it will come out small

1 - 20 of 32 Posts