El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Hi Pete!

Yep, I've seen pics and the new GM ad where one is running onto a car carrier, along with the SSR backing on at speed. Pretty neat ad.

I think the front-end and the redesigned side inserts are a bit too Viperish and I'm not too happy with the non-pop-up headlights. Maybe it'll grow on me. :? This is my 10th Corvette, and I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to the Vettes.

No Z06 model is available until the second year of the C6.

You can see pics here: http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2005/index.shtml

Did you know the base price of the SSR is up to $43k?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had went to GM's web site, Chevrolet actually, and did the "Bild Your Own" the base for my zip was 41,000.00. If you add the memory seats, some matched floor mats and heated seats with the "On-Star" stuff its 43,000.00.

Some of the dealers are adding as much as 25K to its price just to place the order for you. Now that sukkx!

Brakes my heart, I wanted one but I am not going to pay more than Suggested Retail Price for anything. Not even if they came out with a new El Camino Model.

I only paid 44,900.00 for my house when we bought it. I can't see buying a car / truck for that much. :?

I put off buying a annivesary model Z/28 SS for that stupid thing! I should have got the Camaro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts