El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What PITA. Headlights did not come on last night with the main switch -- good thing I have fog lights to get home. On the way I played with the dimmer switch, got high beams and would not switch back to low beams. So it's a new dimmer switch.

I'm sure that switch is easy to install in the factory, with the steering column sitting on a bench. But under the dash it's a royal pain. What a great idea (not) to have the switch covered by the bracket that supports the steering column. And temp might not be quite as bad in Wichita as Kansas City, but still cold enough to make working with gloves a good idea. Yeah, I finally got it in, so the headlights are fine again. But I'm not real happy with the general right now.

OK, got that off my chest -- feel better now :?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cut from the same cloth

Kinda new to this thing ,but the words you were speaking rang so clearly as if I were speaking them myself. Unfortunately my dilemma continues , got the dimmer switch tied in and headlights work fine but when I put on high beams front lights go out except driving lights(fog lights). Any suggestions would be appreciated.:let_it_all_out:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like JJ said, start with the dimmer switch where you know you have power and trace it to the lights. There's a disconnect someplace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts