El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1966, 582 big block naturally aspirated, 740 ft lbs. at the fly wheel. I am looking for recommendations of a clutch and four speed combo that will handle that and say 1000 ft lbs. once the 671 and methanol get added down the road.

It currently has a turbo 400 reverse manual valve body.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I'll get you name & number of gentleman in Calf who built my M22. The last time I was talking to him he said his High Horsepower guys were scattering there transmissions but those who had Gear Vendors overdrives were lasting. (don't remember why)Remember those guys who run Drag Week they are running down below 9's and into 6's and then have to drive there cars w/ towing trailers to next track. They are having more motor problems than anything but eventually I think anything run that hard is gonna find the weak link. get back to you soon. Tony

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I'll get you name & number of gentleman in Calf who built my M22. The last time I was talking to him he said his High Horsepower guys were scattering there transmissions but those who had Gear Vendors overdrives were lasting. (don't remember why)Remember those guys who run Drag Week they are running down below 9's and into 6's and then have to drive there cars w/ towing trailers to next track. They are having more motor problems than anything but eventually I think anything run that hard is gonna find the weak link. get back to you soon. Tony
I,m Back: Look up Wright Connection, Bakersfield,CA 1-661-304-1967 and check out web site!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just throwing it out there, Tick Performance builds a ton of high horsepower T56 6 speeds. Their level 5 should easily handle 1000 ft lbs and isn't terribly priced either. That and most of the LS T56 community swears by them so you know its a reputable company.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts