El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get a older holley pro jection analog system without a pump for 250 is that a good deal and would it be a better choice than the elderbrock. I have the gm 330 horse vortec crate motor with 7004 and 373

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Had one of THE first units back in around 89-90'.Ran much better than any quadrajet or holley I tried. You should be able to get most parts needed.Be sure to put filter before pump as recommended & run proper return line into tank. System is basic, but works. $250wo pump is ok. Edelbrocks are a little troublesome these days, think part of the problem is the ethanol gas gumming up the metering rods.May want to consult holley first, your hp level may be past the upper limits of these older setups.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could I just use a lt1 intake and computer? I have a totaled fleetwood or would it be easier on a earlier tpi

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me back up I broke a thermostat bolt then broke an easy out off in it so I have the intake off and just weighing my options but I kinda need to get it back together cause I was in the middle of redo.g the interior :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if you are talking late lt1it wont bolt up to the vortec headed motor and lt1 s have no water through the intake and vortec motors do

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I'm a Holley pro-jection fan. I've used them on lots of stuff, motorhomes with 383 Chrysler engines, street rods with 350s and 302 furds etc. I think they rate the 630 cfm up to 275 hp but they also make larger injectors for them that can cover your application. there is also a 930 cfm 4 venturi version for high hp applications. I've used the 630cfm on engines making over 400hp and love them....Dan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts