El Camino Central Forum banner
41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thank you. I need to get a hold of my friends to get the things necessary to get it together in the order of parts.

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The Sniper EFI kit comes with a 20 foot vapor lock fuel line. Is this okay to use for the fuel line?

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
You are correct. Thank you for your help. Are there choices on the pump, that I need to know about?

·
Registered
1969 El Camino Restomod
113 Posts
Usually you will get a good product ordering from Holley, overpriced definitely, but good. If I remember I've been running a 255lph Deatchwerks pump for the last few years with good results. Unless you have a monster engine you probably don't need more than that.
They are a different design than Holley uses and much, much quieter.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Which ones are you speaking of?
If you haven't picked up a pump yet I would again recommend this Hydramat:
And this fuel pump:
I run Deatschwerks pumps in all my performance oriented rides and they've always worked well for me. Plus their customer service is good. The only other thing I would say to take note of is to also upgrade the wiring to your fuel tank.

If you're still using a stock fuel tank use this:
And this:

The bulkhead wiring connector as quite important as the you can burn up the stock wiring connector with the increased amperage going through it with an upgraded fuel pump. I've been stranded twice because of melted connectors but once I went to this setup with a dedicated positive and ground for the fuel pump, all my issues went away.

Lastly I still think a different tank such as a Buick Roadmaster tank is a much better option than a factory tank and it also has the benefit of not needing a pricey Holley Hydramat as the stock Roadmaster tank baffling is sufficient for EFI.

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Thank you for your help. I'm not going to change the tank, cause I bought it new and it doesn't have any problems. I asked my friends that own the NAPA store to order it for me. They race a 68 Camaro and are changing a 67 RS Camaro back to a street car. I asked them to order the Holley Sniper EFI and fuel pump kits. Last I checked with them,they are working on it. They are trying to get me the best price possible. Thank you again for your help.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
No problem. I've spent the last several years pulling my hair out figuring out all sorts of issues on my Elco so I can share my wisdom with others on here. The Holley is by no means perfect but when it's set up right your Elco will always start right up and run nicely.

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I picked up the Holley Sniper EFI today. I need to run the 78 Elk on the road and use the gas out of the tank so I can try to install it.

41 - 60 of 147 Posts