El Camino Central Forum banner
61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I don't know for sure what is in the box that I picked up today. My friends ordered a complete set of the Holley Sniper EFI. It has the sniper set plus the electric fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I opened both of the sniper EFI kit today. It has 2 fuel pumps in it. They are both inline type pumps. The instructions show a picture of 2 fuel filters with an electric pump in the middle. Has anyone else used this type of setup on their El Camino?

·
Premium Member
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I figured it out it won't work without drilling a hole in the bottom of the tank. Will any of the in tank electric pumps work. I'm asking about pumps that appear to lay on the bottom of the tank?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Will the Holley 340 pump work in our El Camino?
I don't see why not but much like with the Walbro and Deatchwerks pumps I recommended you'll need the fuel pump hangar for the V6 EFI Elcos and on top of that you really need to upgrade the fuel pump hat wiring.
If you don't upgrade the wiring with an upgraded pump you're much more likely to melt out a connector and end up stranded. Believe me when I say I speak from experience on this one.

·
Premium Member
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Thank you very much. That's great information. Will the v6 hanger fit any tank? How can I tell if this is a v6 tank?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Thank you very much. That's great information. Will the v6 hanger fit any tank? How can I tell if this is a v6 tank?
Maybe someone else can chime in on fitment of the tank with the V6 EFI fuel sending unit but I think it should work okay with the tank you have. Remember that if you insist on using a non-efi tank you'll probably need a Holley Hydramat on the bottom of that pump to avoid fuel sloshing issues.
Hydramats are pretty nifty little units. I'm actually building a dual walbro 450 fuel system to feed the hopped up LS2 in my GTO and I'm using Hydramats instead of the stock fuel bucket.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts