El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with diy alignment. I looking to buy a Quick Trick alignment kit to do my own alignments. I have the adjustable UMI upper a-arms and one of the local shops wanted at least 2 hours at 100.00 per hour to do alignment and that was using shims. He was not receptive to the adjustable a-arms. So since I have nothing but lots of time why not learn and do it myself.
I did front end alignments for a living for years. I really and honestly think you will have a lot of trouble doing that your self. You might be better off just checking the toe in and leave the rest alone. Look at your tires are they worn on the inside or outside. If so it could be a simple toe adjustment. Also check tire pressure. If your vehicle is pulling right or left swap front tires and drive it again. If there is a change set the toe and get new tires. Good luck...

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Dont mean to hijack your thread, just wanted to show off my DIY turnplates. Finally got them done and tried them in my Vette. Worked like a charm. Got readings of 7.65 and 7.45 deg caster.

Base plate 1/8" thick 12"x14"
Intermediate ball bearing plate 3/32" thick 12" diameter 9/64 holes. Bought a bag of 1000 1/8" SS balls to locate in the intermediate plate.
IMG_4272.jpg

Finished product showing 1/8" thick top disc 12" diameter
IMG_4273.jpg

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Here I was using them in conjunction with my Quick Trick alignment kit.
IMG_4335.jpg

21 - 24 of 24 Posts