El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really legislative based, but ...

From the article ...

The Department of Homeland Security wants a private company to provide a national license-plate tracking system that would give the agency access to vast amounts of information from commercial and law enforcement tag readers, according to a government proposal that does not specify what privacy safeguards would be put in place.

The national license-plate recognition database, which would draw data from readers that scan the tags of every vehicle crossing their paths, would help catch fugitive illegal immigrants, according to a DHS solicitation. But the database could easily contain more than 1 billion records and could be shared with other law enforcement agencies, raising concerns that the movements of ordinary citizens who are under no criminal suspicion could be scrutinized.

1984 ... 30 years late.

Read the entire article here.

Copper

·
Registered
133 Posts
BS flag is flying high. "would catch fugitive illegal immigrants" LOL! Who are they trying to kid? They don't do anything to the illegal "aliens" anyway. This is nothing but a sham to keep track of us.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
freedom and democracy, sold here to any idiot who is dumb enough to buy it.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
We are already being tracked by cell phones, electronic gadgets in our cars, GPS's, cameras everywhere, etc. Why not one more? What makes you think we are living in a democracy where the Constitution is still in effect? Just venting -- don't throw rocks at me. :mad2:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
We are already being tracked by cell phones, electronic gadgets in our cars, GPS's, cameras everywhere, etc. Why not one more? What makes you think we are living in a democracy where the Constitution is still in effect? Just venting -- don't throw rocks at me. :mad2:
which is why I turn off ALL the tracking options in my electronic devices. it ain't hard but you have to care to do it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Unfortunately this is common practice over here and has been in the U.K for a long time. In the U.K they have a data base that "records" in Sweden they say they dont, if you buy a car from some one thats not in a straight line of work and you will get pulled over followed buy a search a breath test and the complementary urin test is not to far of.

You guys are lucky that you have the possibility to fight this, at least in some states, stop it if you can.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson ordered that the contract proposal be canceled because of privacy concerns. ... 2-19-2014 Fox News.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
It's a what?

What makes you think we are living in a democracy where the Constitution is still in effect?
Democracy, republic, It's splitting hairs. There is effectively no difference, people still get told they have a voice in the situation, when in reality, they have very little (if any) meaningful input.

It's all a sham, you get told you're an important part of decision making, but some of the things that impact you the most, you've never had any input on. I'm not talking just about spying by the NSA, but things like the Income tax, and maintaining a standing army, or the formation of various national 'agencies' that regulate so many aspects of our lives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts