El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all;

I'm just checking to see if any of our members have utilized this benefit yet and were you pleased with the service received...

Are there any other OEM or aftermarket suppliers out there you'd like us to try to hook up with? :)

87SS

·
Banned
881 Posts
Try contacting John at crossmembers.com for a discount on his products for ECC members. He's a good guy and the heavy duty double hump crossmembers he makes are excellent for G-body El Caminos.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I already placed a order with honest charlies they seemed like real good people to deal with i recieved all my parts in a week here in canada.and i had no problem getting my discount throught them.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
factory...

Yep, that's the one I e-mailed a couple of week ago...I'll try again.

Thanks...

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Anyone that get's one of their crossmember will be very happy with it. When I got mine I was very impressed with how stout it was. I did wind up getting it powder coated black before install. The black paint was starting to chip. There's no way the tranny will move with it there.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
theelcaminofactory said:
Can you see if you can arrange a group discount?
Well, didn't get a group discount. But John is willing to work with us on group purchases....Check out the announcement on the ECC home page! :D

·
Banned
881 Posts
87SS said:
Hey Ernie;

Do you know John at crossmember.com, he hasn't replied yet....
Sorry, I didn't see this post before now. I don't know him personally but I've bought three of his crossmemembers for different projects. The last time I bought one John gave me a 10% discount for being a repeat customer. I was hoping he would offer the same discount to this list.

:mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Call them up and tell them you're a member at El Camino Central.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I put one of their cross members on my 80. It is stout, unbelievably stout as a matter of fact! The addition of that crossmember will add regidity to the frame in a big way!

The paint on them looks like it came from a spray can. So if you're concirned about someone looking under neath you'll need to re-paint it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was just at Spring Carlisle this weekend and talked to (and bought from) honest Charley's and they told me they have stopped giving a discount to club members due to price increases that they have absorbed without raising prices to the public. They are good to deal with and seem to be willing to help when you have questions.

86 SS

1 - 20 of 25 Posts