El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Body shop removed and lost them . I can buy new ones. But what do they thread into.

·
Senior Member Site Supporter
340 Posts
Probably Macco what a waste there ..They have inclusions dips, orange peel , runs, you name it they ain't at fault.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've seen multiple styles listed for sale online. I see you have an 80 as I. Here is a pic of where mine are located. Don't look at the mess of wires. Those have all been tidied up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's make this clear . My car was not painted at Maaco and I will put this paint job on my car up against the best

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Maaco near my work & a few others in my area actually can do that nice of a paint job if you know who to talk to & pay accordingly.
You may even find that style of hood bumpers in the help section at local auto parts stores as they were a common style, wouldn't hurt to have new anyways. There is also a 3rd bumper at the center of the windshield cowl, which needs occasional lube not to cause a squeak that sounds like it's coming from your dash.

·
Registered
11,859 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I searched for 2 years for a squeak coming from the dash area on my 79 until I just read your comment about the need to lube the 3rd hood bumper at the rear of the hood. It took me 30 seconds to fix a squeak that has annoyed me for ages. You are a genius!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Holy cow! I to have spent many hours under my dash looking for that squeak. Thank you very for that tip...

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Phillip & Steve, glad I helped & I mentioned because so many don't know that while it is common knowledge to others. While I did figure it out all om my own in the early 90's before internet, (silicone grease for T-tops squeak issue) a simple google search or question post here would have got a quick answer. As with many of life's small annoying problems , it takes far less time to fix than talk about.
Here's a 2004 post:: https://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=2726
Forums are here partly so those of us who know or figured things out the hard way can spend more time enjoying their elky's & less fussing with it.
Please do a search first & then ask here if you don't find an answer.:beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts