El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my cowl hood in the mail a week ago and checked it over and it looked ok. Took her to the shop to get painted and pulled her out of the box and the two corners closest to the front window had been bent but almost identically so I didnt notice it when I looked at it. So pretty much it added an extra 50 bucks onto the already 200 dollar paint job. Anybody else have this problem with Goodmark hoods. (Mine was shipped from Honest Charlies)

-Luke

·
Registered
481 Posts
My dad got one for his 69 nova, didn't have a dent in it when it arrived. It was ordered though a buddy of mine who has a body shop direct from goodmark.(shipped freight i believe)

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
NJLuke said:
Anybody else have this problem with Goodmark hoods. (Mine was shipped from Honest Charlies)

-Luke
More than likely it was drop (literaly) shipped directly from Goodmark via Honest Charleys. I actually picked mine up from Goodmark and got it home to discover a huge dent in the cowl. Later learned it was returned from a body shop (no wonder they sent it back!) Good thing is they're only 20 minutes north of me and replaced it the next day, no questions asked. You can bet your bottom dollar I opened the second one up before leaving the warehouse.

You just learned a valuable lesson, always inspect shipped sheet metal thourghly before signing for it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have not ordered form them before so I don't know. I have heard that there products are very good though.

I just wanted to say I feel for you as I have been through the same just a few months ago with another company. I hope you don't have to go through the same thing.

I ordered a fiberglass Super Sport hood for my son's 97 Z/28. It turned into a very bad situation all around. It came primed ready for paint but when I got it to the paint shop they pointed out a ton of flaws in the fiberglass and would not even promise a lot of the flaws would not come back through the paint. 2 other shops told me the same thing. Bottom line the product was crap! :mad:

It is real hard to buy some things that have to be shipped with out seeing them that are as important as hoods and other body parts.

Ended up sending the hood back but I loss the money in shipping both ways.

Good luck with yours and hope it all works out for you!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the Fiberglass hoods are great "theoretically". But you cant really find that many beautiful sucess stories about those when they get there. That why I went with a steel hood- my camino has a 305 in her so she isnt going to be getting anywhere too fast on a 6 buck an hour highschool kid budget. I guess I was lucky that only those two little corners got dented. Just wish that people in the "frieghting" business could read FRAGILE and not drop the box off the back of the truck 4 feet to the ground. I will get some pics up when I get her back!

This will probably be the last thing that I do to my car til like december or january...gotta save my dough to go buy a ring for the lady!

-Luke

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the Fiberglass hoods are great "theoretically". But you cant really find that many beautiful sucess stories about those when they get there. That why I went with a steel hood- my camino has a 305 in her so she isnt going to be getting anywhere too fast on a 6 buck an hour highschool kid budget. I guess I was lucky that only those two little corners got dented. Just wish that people in the "frieghting" business could read FRAGILE and not drop the box off the back of the truck 4 feet to the ground. I will get some pics up when I get her back!

This will probably be the last thing that I do to my car til like december or january...gotta save my dough to go buy a ring for the lady!

-Luke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts