El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
881 Posts
You can check with your local GM dealer. Here are the OEM part numbers for the molded hood insulation.

78-84 El Camino part # 12306178
85-87 El Camino part # 14085681

Both parts will fit OK. The only difference between the two parts is the location of the under hood light. This is the same part that Dixie Monte Carlo sells.

http://www.dixiemontecarlo.com/items/DM90206.html

Stay away from the cheap aftermarket die cut ones. They are junk.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
I got one from Mike Montes for like $20 plus shipping. That is with new clips too. Worked perfectly!

·
Registered
197 Posts
You can check with your local GM dealer. Here are the OEM part numbers for the molded hood insulation.

78-84 El Camino part # 12306178
85-87 El Camino part # 14085681
I needed one last fall and found that the 14085681 part number is discontinued from GM. (it was in the OEHQ.com catalog but when i ordered was told it was no longer available). I found one still in stock at a nearby Chevy dealer but even at the this-thing's-been-here-for-ten-years-and-we're-happy-to-get-rid-of-it discount it was still $100+.

I'm pretty sure that 78-84 part number is discontinued too. if you can find either PN NOS at nearby dealer, i'd snap it up...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Butch I just replaced mine on my 87 I got it thru my GM dealer for about 90 bucks Sure does clean up the engine bay Jim:texas:

·
Senior Member Participating Member
849 Posts
tsunamigregg, how's your hood insulation working out for you. Its been ten years! Wow! 😮

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you are still looking for a hood insulator, Look on craigslist in Baltimore under El Camino and you will find a brand new GM hood insulator part number 14085681 still in the box.
The guys name that has it is Richard and his phone number is listed in his ad.
He is a friend of mine and has some really nice Chevelle and El Camino parts for sale.

·
Senior Member Participating Member
849 Posts
Thanks trismon for the tip. 😮
Terry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts