El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find the hood insulation pad like in this photo? Or, I'm wondering if I could possibly make my own with the material used for the insulation under the hood-which I need new anyway. Please if anyone happens to know where this can be found-with the skulls on it, let me know. I've searched and searched on the internet and have not been able to find anything like this yet. Am thinking it's probably a custom made piece...

Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
You should have taken that one when you had then chance, just kidding! May have to make your own and attach it to your existing pad:poke:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should have taken that one when you had then chance, just kidding! May have to make your own and attach it to your existing pad:poke:
I didn't see the one in the photo in person. It was from a show DDD went to and posted the picture of. I'm thinking you're probably right about having to make my own. I don't have an existing pad so I thought since I have to put a new one on, it would be a cool thing to do with the skulls. :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,136 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about something like this, then have someone airbrush what you want.

http://www.mdctinc.com/chelcama.html
Yes, now I'm thinking of how cool the mirror kit would look...I've bookmarked the site for use when I make up my mind. The hood insulation only goes up to 1972, so I have to figure out if it will work on my 78.
Thanks Sean! :You_Rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts