El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice few other Eky's with the hood Ornamentation.
Any idea what option package this would come from?
Years available?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
:dontknow: not real sure what you are wanting to know ,what exactly do you want to achieve ? And option package for a hood badge,never seen a option,they just come with them,some 5th Gen was in the grill near the middle top of the grill.some mounted on top of the header panel .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you mean the decal? Those were on the royal knight and black knight packages on the fifth gens starting in 78. It was a factory option package. Several places sell repro kits. Not sure but I think it was just decals and no different equipment.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Do you mean the decal? Those were on the royal knight and black knight packages on the fifth gens starting in 78. It was a factory option package. Several places sell repro kits. Not sure but I think it was just decals and no different equipment.
There,s also the gmc diablo. Phoenix graphics is the liscenced mannufacturer of the repo decals everyone sells.
As an option, I looked into having a wrap company make an emblem based on my headrest design,& now my grille emblem I posted yesterday. Quote was approx $200- 250.I didn,t like that the sample material they showed me had a slightly viseable checkered pattern on it & I could never get a person at the shop that actually knew anything.May check with a trim lettering shop one day.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
[QUOTEi have the hard to find gmc symbol for my 86 caballero.... saving it for when i get painted...[/QUOTE]

Man, Would I love to have one of those. My 84 GMC has a chevy ornament put on by P.O.:banghead:

Tim

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got a local guy with beautiful set of swivel buckets...price is steep...$600
They look brand spanking new...If they were black they would have sold a long time ago.
They are still on my wish list.
I'm hoping my Hood ornament arrives safely.
Truck driver called today...my ride will be home by noon tomorrow.
Can't wait ..or sleep.

·
Registered
257 Posts
[QUOTEi have the hard to find gmc symbol for my 86 caballero.... saving it for when i get painted...
Man, Would I love to have one of those. My 84 GMC has a chevy ornament put on by P.O.:banghead:

Tim[/QUOTE]

Same here, its the only emblem I have on the elky.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I made my own ornament orig was broken went to pull a part and found base off a caddy, used it as a guide along with the spring and fabricated a new one. You may be able to see it in the avatar photo. I will try to post it here.I don't know how to get it from phone app to this post:dontknow:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
those swivel buckets sound like the going price from what ive seen, have see white ones that are trashed for 400 that sold. that being said i got mine for a steal at 150 bucks with a dash and console by telling the junk yard owner i was going to "try" (said it with a tone that said i might only have time or effort to get maybe the console or dash) to get the entire interior so he said 150 and i took everything lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts