El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

I recieved my '84 camino in december and the car had recieved a new paint job from the dealer. It was black enamel paint and underneath there was rust- so ofcourse bubbles formed. I want to buy a 2 inch cowl induction hood. Could you guys list places that would have the best price and best quality. Also could you give me an update on what discounts are just rumor and which discounts are valid. thanks!!

-Luke

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would go with a Goodmark steel Cowl induction hood, the quality and fit are by far one of the best. My father bought one for his 69 nova and it fit just like it came from the factory. I've heard nothing but good things about goodmark. I think a few of the 5th gen owners around here have them. After reading some of the posts on here i think that i'd have to stay away from the fiberglass hoods seems like people have problems with the fit and some say that the paint tends to look wavy.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
I believe all the discounts, except perhaps the Original Parts Group, are good. I'm certain Honest Charley offers 10% off to NECOA/ECC members. HC carries the hood in both fiberglas and steel.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Stephen at Dixie Monte Carlo Depot has the Goodmark hood for $389- $19 (ECC/NECOA Discount), I don't know if you'll be able to beat that. I haven't got one for myself yet, but it's on my Christmas list. I do have one on my 78 Camaro and the fit and finish can't be beat.

Now, if you were to win this month trivia quiz, you could use the $25 gift certificate he's offering and apply that too. So you'd be looking at $345 + shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts