El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, June 1, I notice oil has dropped to $83.61 a barrel. Unfortunately, we're still paying as though it's still at $100 a barrel, but obviously it is coming down, but never quick enough. Greed rules! :let_it_all_out: Let's all hope both barrel and pump prices keep moving down. Enjoy it while you can.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
It's all a crap shoot

G

·
Its all government control. As speculators say high gas prices will be here,the prices jump. Its all our governments way to find ways to pay for American troops to train Iraqi government to bite us in the butt in a few years as they learn our tricks and buy our old fighter jets.:let_it_all_out:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,105 Posts
John, I paid 338.9 for tractor gas and 3.59.9 for premium (alleged) at the local Racetrack station
The government does not want you to take a moment to calculate and we aware on all taxes attached to a gallon of fuel. The government, on fed and state levels are collecting billions of dlllars every year. Some is to support the Interstate Highway System. Most of it has been misspent and " stolen" by crooks in DC.

·
Registered
532 Posts
there is a place nearby my house that only sells two kinds of gas, 87 octane with ethanol and 87 octane without ethanol, the today the ethanol gas was 3.13 and the non ethanol was 3.43 a gallon(my work truck has no problem with ethanol in the gas, so i filled up)cheapest its been here in quite a while(although murphy's oil was 3.37 when i went by there today)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I paid $3.53 for 93 octane today which is the best price around. If oil remains at $87 a barrel or fall lower over the next couple weeks, prices should continue to drop. Regular is about $3.25 around here, but it has been falling. This is an election year so that may be a factor. As we all know, prices usually shoot upwards when summer driving season begins, but so far, this year, the opposite is true.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
If the oil companies have the control some accuse them of having, oil will jump over $4 per gallon in October, just before the election, to ensure the defeat of the "anti-oil" Democrats. Anyone taking bets at this point?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All the US Congress, BOTH democrats and republicans, are on THEIR own side. Their position, power, and personal wealth, which depends on their re-election, is all they care about. The sheeple (and they sure are) be damned. The left/right political paradigm is theatre. The (government controlled) newsmedia, whether supporting the left or right point of view, plays it up for the entertainment, and indoctrination, for those who are taken in by it. We NEVER get the truth, about anything, but then, most don't want to know, anyway.

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,294 Posts
All the US Congress, BOTH democrats and republicans, are on THEIR own side. Their position, power, and personal wealth, which depends on their re-election, is all they care about. The sheeple (and they sure are) be damned. The left/right political paradigm is theatre. The (government controlled) newsmedia, whether supporting the left or right point of view, plays it up for the entertainment, and indoctrination, for those who are taken in by it. We NEVER get the truth, about anything, but then, most don't want to know, anyway.
I sure can agree with most of that. But what I dont agree with is that these stupid prices are somehow controlled by the fed. just a bit of history. the present FEDERAL gas tax is 18.4 cents/gallon, its been unchanged since 1997, its presently more than double what it was in early 1983 when Saint Ronny the White more than doubled it in day from 4 to 9 cents/gallon... it jumped 5 cents/gallon again under GHWB, its final jump of 4.3 came under Clinton and its been there ever since.

Take a look at state taxes though, on average 31 cents/gallon in some states its as high as 69 cents/gallon. Its not the feds taking our money here, its not the feds raking it in, its state and local.

We can winge all we like about the fed and gas prices but we are missing the target.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We can winge all we like about the fed and gas prices but we are missing the target.
They're all in collusion. They're government, and they play their bs off on one another to keep the sheeple confused, but they all answer to the same masters, and of course, it sure as hell ain't us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.