El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to change up the look of my '83 grill. I see on ebay there are several '81 grills so I was wondering if one of these would fit without modifications to my existing crate grill. Has anyone done this switch and is it just a switch?
All the ebay grills advertised for the 82-87s require you to cut the existing grill and use tape to install their horizontal bar module. The only one I've seen that fits directly in is sold by Vegasrodparts who want about $140 plus shipping. I probably could get an '81 for $50 including shipping. Anyone used their grill?
Thnx boyz!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for this feedback - looks like I'll be forking out the bucks for the full grill.

·
Registered
287 Posts
thank you for this feedback - looks like I'll be forking out the bucks for the full grill.
no problem.i looked at all the possibilities because i got my meano with the 78 clip.i'm not a fan of the quad headlights,to complete the 78 header panel it was alot of cash the next best option for me was the 80/81 look 80 grills are hard to come buy and big money so i went with the aftermarket 81 grill+headlight bezels(112 shipped) i found a 80/81 header panel on CL that only ran me 75 bucks.if you want to change your look find a 81 header :dontknow: then paint is a issue i'm getting the whole cruck painted so i didn't care.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the funny thing is my restorer replaced the original fenders with NOS '79s which do not have the amber running lites that the '83 fenders had. The quad lite clip was fitted in and he added a spoiler that I added small round led lites on it for the runners.He had to do some mods to get the '79 fenders to fit on my '83.
Thanks again for getting back to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts