El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having my motor built right now and have no idea what HP numbers I'm going to get. I'll have the motor back in a couple of weeks and on the dyno sometime this summer. Take a guess.

-383 SBC, forged Eagle crank, Forged Mahle +16cc dished pistons, 9.8:1 compression, H-beam rods, internally balanced
-Aluminum ProComp heads, 64cc, 190cc intake, 80cc exhaust, 2.020 int valve, 1.6 exh valve
-CompCam hydr roller cam, .548 int lift, .579 exh lift, 289-299 ave duration, 114 lobe sep
-Holley HP EFI system, port injected, E85 fuel, 120lb injectors
-D1SC Procharger, 8lb pulley (I plan on upgrading to ~15lbs), 15x12x3 Bell intercooler.

It's getting planted into a 68" El Camino with a Keisler RS600 5-Speed manual transmission, 3.73 gears, 26" MT ET Street D/R

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like everyone is being really consistant with their predictions. I keep getting numbers around 600-650 on other sites. If anybody sees anything wrong with the setup, feel free to speak you mind. You won't hurt my feelings.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nearly 10 to 1 compression and 15 lbs of boost?
Ever heard of E85 fuel? 85% ethanol at the pump. ~105 octane. 10:1 is being really conservative. 13-14:1 is not that unusual for E85.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd doubt old camino's worried about detonation. Maybe boosting an american cars different I'm not really into that but thats a little high compression for a rice burner on boost. We won't run more than 8.5 ish boosted in the beamers and hondas out here simply for longevity issues. The higher compression just tears em apart. Is this a strip motor?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd doubt old camino's worried about detonation. Maybe boosting an american cars different I'm not really into that but thats a little high compression for a rice burner on boost. We won't run more than 8.5 ish boosted in the beamers and hondas out here simply for longevity issues. The higher compression just tears em apart. Is this a strip motor?
What fuel are you running in these "rice burners"?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:Eyecrazy: WHAAAAAAT?? I plan on shifting around 6500. Put in a 15lb pulley and see what number comes up... if it allows it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
804 at 7000 at 15 lbs boost
Looks like 800HP is what I'm gonna aim for on the dyno. If you don't mind me asking, what program are you using to get these figures?

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
675 hp, 550 FTLBS. OF TORQUE BASED ON 15 PSI BOOST!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I threw your set up into this dyno program:

Had to fudge some numbers just due to different ways it takes numbers (cam duration, specifically, as well as some supercharger details). Wish it showed RPM on dyno chart. Ran 11.3 seconds @ 129 MPH. Starts getting really light in the rear towards the end of the pass.

Not sure where that time went. I did bump up boost from 8 to 15. Probably spinning the tires. By the way this is all stock weight and suspension.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
force fed small blocks are sweet, just make sure the exhaust can get rid of everything you feed it:twisted:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
By the way this is all stock weight and suspension.
It's basically stock. QA1 coilovers in the front, Tubular control arms in the front, Hotchkis sway bars front and back, 2" lowering spring in the rear, cheap Summit shocks in the rear, Hotchiks lower control arms in the rear, fully factory restored interior.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Looks like 800HP is what I'm gonna aim for on the dyno. If you don't mind me asking, what program are you using to get these figures?
That little monster is gonna rip!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts