El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Supporting Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running on 7 cylinders for a while...DAH...
I wanted to adjust lifters before driving to Super Chevy Show...I noticed the #1 Intake rocker wasn't moving as much as others....I put valve covers back on and drove to Show.
Took the cam out this morning see photo:

Will get new cam and lifters tomorrow...should also be getting "Gear Vendors" also.
Guess I'll be busy the next couple of days.:nanawrench:
Great Bar B Q, thanks Randy!!!!!!!! Get CJ to flip your burgers, no one does it better!

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,672 Posts
This looks like a job for "JB"weld and a bobbie pin, no need for new parts Glenn can do it "trust him"

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Something missing for sure!

The BBQ started with the great location hosts and ended with Ed's sort of long distance beer and ice run for all. C.J. and I just filled in the middle part. Its all a Region 6 group thing. And what a group!

:beer:

·
Supporting Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How come...good or bad...seems to happen in 3's.
Gear Vendors was my choice over 700r4. I have a "built" th350, Gear Vendor dealer said it was much stronger than the 700r4. While we were speaking his mechanic was pulling a 700r4 out of a Custom 68 Impala Convert...tranny burnt, the guys rear brakes were locked up and he drove it about 5 miles, so he could "get it home"...should have called the tow truck!!!! Should get it today, I will post pics.:secret:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Make sure you change your oil and filter after the cam swap.

Maybe even twice.:beer:

BTW thanks for being such GREAT hosts for us this weekend.

·
Supporting Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any and all advise is appreciated by me....I have to be careful when giving info to Mikey...
Cam is in, we washed the block and pan with fuel oil, don't want any left over particles.

Sure looks naked without all the bolt on pieces. It will probably roar to life tomorrow.
Gear Vendor unit is scheduled to arrive UPS on Friday. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!:nanawrench:

·
3,672 Posts
Glenn good job and great time for the fuel injection to go on, just a thought ha ha ha.
On the serious side break her in before you install the vender and start playing around with that so you control all things that could just maybe stick are cause an unknown!!! occurrence, once your sure all is good then change them gears and go jamming. Just an old F rt's way of avoiding MURPHY's LAW.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
1,630 Posts
Looks easy!

Any and all advise is appreciated by me....I have to be careful when giving info to Mikey...
Cam is in, we washed the block and pan with fuel oil, don't want any left over particles.
http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/hotcamino/Stuff for elcaminocentral/DSCF0406.jpg
Sure looks naked without all the bolt on pieces. It will probably roar to life tomorrow.
Gear Vendor unit is scheduled to arrive UPS on Friday. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!:nanawrench:
Put your cap on! :nanawrench:

·
3,672 Posts
Tell him his lucky it's not a FLATHEAD

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
use break in oil and get it right up to 2000rpm! you want that zddp on a new flat tappet, after it's broken in you'll be OK - then use shell ROTELLA oil, it has zddp. straight 30W

holy moly! you did a lot o' work quick - i think they look neat opened up like that

i'm crossin' fingers for ya!

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
They took the ZDDP out of rotella January 2011. SORRY

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Hey you Florida members,, anyone in or around Ft Lauderdale?/ I need a good repair,A/C shop they can trust down there,, dont mean to hyjack this thread but need your southern help,, Matty man in Ohio,,

1 - 20 of 45 Posts