El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 1941 Dodge truck (he tried to convince me it was the first El Camino!!!)
This thing is in great shape, no rust, everything there except the motor. Foot starter, opening windshield!!!! COOL!!!

He has all the parts you don't see. I think I'm lucky he didn't sneak off with my 454 for it!!!:poke:
He'll make some money off this and have fun too!!!:beer:
Donny

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Thanks for the pics Donny.
Ralph was telling me about it and also invited me to ride along to DFW man wished I'd have gone along.:banghead:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Thank's DDD :You_Rock:I'm do'n an album for it now, with pics of the Old's engine. :texas:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Pics work great...but that sure is a funny-looking Elky.:poke:
At least yer going with a Big Block even if it is an Old Olds.:nanawrench:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
That engine was in the Purple car for a while, and it ran 13.20's consistently.:beer:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Tooo cooool!!!!

consider this a request that you add captions under the pics. click once to make them bigger, then look underneath the pic where it says "description (add/edit)".

and a 1941 vehicle, let alone a dodge truck, is REAL hard to find. I heard there was a war or something that started about that time, but I wasn't there so am not sure.

:dontknow:

for a daily driver/cool cruiser, if you didn't have the olds engine already (a GREAT traditional hot rod motor btw), a 318 or even a 225 slant 6 would be way cool, with a 5 speed.

good job! keep us posted

for wheels, maybe some early 70s dodge/plymouth steel rallye wheels w/trim rings, or some 15 X 8 olds rallye wheels from same period.
Then again, moon discs would be over the top with the olds motor!!
:beer:

or even these hubcaps, with some dodge emblems added to the centers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
My next door neighbor has a 41 Dodge pickup and a 41 Dodge panel

Ralph----you wouldn't be needing a -- let's say--Magnum 5.2 and AOD trans for that would you?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Thanks for the Ideas, I'll keep them all in mind. I plan on building this for as little $ as possible, so I am going to use parts that I already have for the most part.
This truck is "For Sale".
The trans cross member and the engine cross member will bolt in, so if someone doesn't like it they just un-bolt it.
If someone wants to buy this truck and wants a different engine, just bring it to me and I will put it in.
Thanks, Ralph:texas:

·
0 Posts
When I saw it in person, I was amazed. Its a cool truck even down to the foot starter they had back in the day. Keep us posted and let us know how much it sells for.:beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts