El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve driven the 150 mile round trip from Joshua to North Dallas countless times in the past 5 years. :poke: How about we as an Association make a large presence toward THIS Side of the MetroMess. This is directly in the southern middle of the Metromess, about 20 miles east from my town, and less than 50 miles each way from N. Dallas, and I’m inviting all of my friends to show up. They’re even furnishing shade! Please let me know if you can make it – :dontknow: - and invite all of your friends, too. This can be an excellent warm up for the following weekend's Anna Cruise-In………….Ken

Please confirm your attendance.

Just Two Weeks Until Our Summer Car Sow and Food Drive

Sat July 14th in Mansfield ~ Bring Your Family! ~ Bring Your Friends! ~ Bring Your Car or Truck!
http://houseofhotrods.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?id=cU0ADx1XHgQDAQI=

The car show event keeps growing! We're getting everything ready for a fun-filled family friendly day of cars, trucks, hot rods and classics. Plans include bounce houses for the kids, reserved parking for car clubs, vendors on site, live music (in a covered building to help you beat the hear) and hundreds great cars and trucks to admire.
What to Expect
- Family-Friendly event (bounce houses for the kids!)
- Car show open to any vehicle.
- No cost to participate, except for a can of food.
- No pre-registration necessary.
- Show starts at 9:00 am ~ Best-of Awards at 2:30 pm
Vendors
We've already registered a good number of vendors.
Please contact us for vendor and car show sponsorship opportunities.
Car Club Reserved Parking!
Please contact us if you're part of a car club, we can arrange reserved parking for the event for you!

What's New at House of Hotrods & Classics?
- NEW VIDEOS: Did you know we're building a custom '82 Corvette for radio hosts Bo & Jim?

Email Friend:

Know someone who might be interested?
Forward it to them .

Address:
House of Hotrods and Classics
2301 Hwy 1187 #201 ~ Mansfield, Texas 76063
www.txhouseofhotrods.com ~ 817-466-9942

·
0 Posts
I got your email this morning. I would love to make this show but my car is down due to electrical problems....:let_it_all_out:
I've been to their shop before and they have some off the wall customs including the 32 Coupe! Hope I can get these kinks worked out soon enough to feel confident in making this,,,,

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.............

I certainly hope you can make the show, Beasti! I would like to get the large group together as a prelude to Anna Cruise-In on the following Saturday. I would also like for us to Stage someway and arrive as a group - making our presence known. I'm hoping that the Bounce House will cement the presence of the Yellow Rose..............Ken :beer: :texas:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump!

bump

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,616 Posts
Ken,

It's on my calendar, and barring any unforseen household and/or family emergencies, I intend to be there and will make every effort to be there.

How many do we need to have group parking?

Also, this thing you call "shade"...since I've never been to H of HR, is this an indoor show, or do they have a pavilion or something? According to the Google map, it just looks like it's in the middle of some industrial park. :dontknow:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lots of Buildings..............

:dontknow: They have a lot of buildings, Rush, including a fabrication shop that's probably 200 X 75, a motor shop about half that size, and probably another 300,000 feet of other buildings. It's a very large complex. On the number - I would really like to have 12 to 15 or so - then we'll know that we're going to have a crowd for Anna the following weekend.......................Ken :beer:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All Right!!!

Thanks very much, Paul. That blue beauty will stand out in any show!! I'll look forward to seeing you there.................Ken :beer: :You_Rock:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,616 Posts
So far looks like Ken, myself, and Paul Edwards. Anyone else??:dontknow:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thunderstorms Forcast!

My friends, there are large thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow morning, afternoon, and evening. They're going to have to pretty much take the thunder-boomers out of the picture before I'll take the Elky out of the garage. I'm sure that's a consideration for Paul, Rush, and Melissa also. Let's check out the weather forecasts in the morning before committing.....................Ken :beer: :texas:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,616 Posts
I would definitely say that the forecast puts me on the fence. Since my trip would be 120 miles one way, a quick dash back to the garage if caught out in a hailstorm would not be an option. Also, due to the distance, I would have to be on the road by 6:30 AM in order to be there by 9 AM, so that means I will have to make my judgement call by this evening. I'll see if they update the forecast for the better this evening, but as of now, it does not look good. If the storms are anything like we have been having up here the past week, I don't think I'd like to be caught out in it, especially in DFW traffic. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Good Show

This was a good show with over 200 cars and trucks. They have a great facility with lots of their own show cars there. The weather was hot but it was cool inside the open garages. There were no weather problems as the storms weren't forecast all day. Those arrived later at night. I was the only one there with my El Camino. Melissa was there with her sports car. Where were Ken, Donny, and Glenn?

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hiding....................................

from the unpredictable weather........................................Ken :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Where was all the rain you boys where so afraid of?
There sure where lots of very nice looking cars there.
It was neat looking at the ones they where working on.
I just wish that I had the money to have my 81 Grand Camino
worked on by them. Do you reckon any one would donate to
the cause, Hee Hee.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,616 Posts
This was a good show with over 200 cars and trucks. They have a great facility with lots of their own show cars there. The weather was hot but it was cool inside the open garages. There were no weather problems as the storms weren't forecast all day. Those arrived later at night. I was the only one there with my El Camino. Melissa was there with her sports car. Where were Ken, Donny, and Glenn?
Sorry to let you down, Paul. I had to make a judgement call the night before, as I would have had to have been on the road by 6:30 just to be there by 9, and I decided to err on the side of caution. And I guess I "erred". The storms did stay to the east, as about 4:30 in Honey Grove the skies opened up and the winds blew. It would have been about the time I would have been coming home from the show, so I did avoid being caught in it. After the storm, the skies cleared, the temps were nice, and I went and took my son for a cruise in the '72. All in all, a good day. Glad the show went well for all who attended.

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
My excuse/reason was, I went and picked up the motor for the 80. Belton & the Heights is really all I've done this year, life keeps getting in the way!!!:let_it_all_out:
Donny

1 - 19 of 19 Posts