1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well why the hell dont we atart one???

·
Registered
113 Posts
There are several of us in the general Houston area, but that is a big area. I am down I Galveston County,

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
There is a Regional area forum buried at the end of the forums, see if that helps. This new format thinks members don't want to get together locally so they hide that section.:mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Houston folks. I posted this in the Houston section of the forum but thought I'd post it out here also. I know this is super last minute, but a pop band out of Wyoming, Not My Weekend, is going to be in Houston to film a video for their upcoming LP and needs El Caminos for the shoot. The video will be shot Tuesday, Jan. 14th, at Frank's Car Barn - 8915 Jackrabbit Rd, Houston, TX 77095. Your car doesn't need to be driven, just available for the band and extras (cheerleaders) to be photographed in and around it. Of course, you can stay with your baby and watch the whole thing....it's going to be a super fun day!

Please drop a comment here or DM me if you or an Elky you know wants to be part of the fun. Much thanks! <3

PS since I'm new, I wasn't allowed to post links in this thread but you can google the band and Frank's Car Barn to confirm both are legit. :)

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
How about a quick head count?
How many of you live near enough, and would want to gather up at a location somewhere on the SW side of Houston?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
How about a quick head count?
How many of you live near enough, and would want to gather up at a location somewhere on the SW side of Houston?
I'm in. As a Houston native, if its within an hour, its close. ;-)
(I'm about a month away from getting mine back on the road, after a 2-1/2 year total rebuild.)

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I'm in. As a Houston native, if its within an hour, its close. ;-)
(I'm about a month away from getting mine back on the road, after a 2-1/2 year total rebuild.)
Would love to see some pictures of the Build. So, if you are in, let's wait a month for you to be on the road. OK?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Would love to see some pictures of the Build. So, if you are in, let's wait a month for you to be on the road. OK?
Bill - Sorry for the slow reply. May fire up the '65 this weekend for the first time. Finger Crossed! The first photo is from 2017. The second photo is from summer 2018, right after I put the body back on the frame. It was before I rewired it, installed the A/C, and did 1000 other things. The third photo is from last summer.

DSC_0003 - Edit.JPG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts