----------------------------------
TOTAL. $283.00

Is this a good price?

Brandon

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay just gettn opinions. Havent bought it yet. If i can get a used non comp carb that would be GREAT but this is m first choice

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A quadrajet from mnt. Man. Had my eye on a edelbrock but that was in the $240's + shipping.

If i can get a reliable used quad i would be happy

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Skip White distributors are awesome. Bought one for the Monte, liked it so much, put one in the Elky and one in my sons 86 K10. Also bought elec cooling fans from him.
I have bought carb parts from Mountain Man, absolutely no problems whatsoever...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Sounds good, atleast you know it will just bolt right up, no need to screw with much, plus the mileage. Never heard of skip white before, but it looks good. Been thinking about doing this myself, will keep that name in mind.:beer:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Seems cheap for the dist, does it have new components, pick-up coil & module or is it just the dist? I got one from summit complete for about $90. even with a blue cap.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have no idea! I got a link from a few members and it was black. Ill post the link

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I can't speak to the price because I am not sure exactly what you are buying. I can say, however, that SKIP WHITE is a honest seller with a great attitude and prices. That company has integrity.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool! What i might do is buy that dizzy, then get a mnt man carb for 205

Or

Get that dizzy and get a CLEAN used quad for under $75 bucks.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay thanks wayne. Just looking for possibilities! These upgrades are hard to afford paying for gas AND making 7.50 an hour lol!! Will take a couple paychecks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts