El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a blowout where the tread came off a (Bridgestone) tire and it beat the side of my Elky and left alot off rubber on the paint. Any one know off a way to get it off? Thanks Ken

·
Deputy Director, Region 3 PA (west)
1,579 Posts
Get yourself a clay bar kit from a local store wherever car waxes are sold. Be patient, follow the directions and you'll get the rubber streaks off without marring the paint any further.

Bill

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Bug and tar remover will do a lot of it (accumulated) and goof off will get any of the rest (hard marks).

:beer:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
WD-40 and a towel and a t shurt. Soak and rub it away gently. WD will not hurt your paint. It is kerosene based. Elbow grease and patience. Guaranteed!

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Yes that straight Pine-sol stuff works for a lot of things! And in the instant I didn't think of the WD40 either. It is great stuff! Diesel fuel works too. Goof off just smells sooo much better than the rest! The only constant is apply and rub, apply and rub, apply and rub.

Bummer on the blowout. Hope no body or trim damage is discovered under the marks!

:beer:

·
Registered
769 Posts
WD-40 and a towel and a t shurt. Soak and rub it away gently. WD will not hurt your paint. It is kerosene based. Elbow grease and patience. Guaranteed!
I've used this method for years on various cars. Never had a problem with the paint. After you spray on the WD-40 let it set for a little while and use a soft cloth.As LOCKJAW said, patience.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
x3 on wd40 or 3m adhesive remover works on both rubber and tar wont harm the paint

1 - 12 of 12 Posts