El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ad up and sold the car, how do I delete the ad?

I am the owner of the post.

·
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,708 Posts
closed it so nobody can post on it but still see the info

·
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,708 Posts
the ADMINS of the site does not want us to delete threads, it does something
to their system
So we close the threads

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,708 Posts
Here is what the ADMINS of this site says about deleting

If it does not contain personal information it should stay on the site. Otherwise the info published there stays there. Randomly removing will make for problems

ADMIN said just close the threads that are no longer being used

·
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know about closing a thread. I was a web developer before I retired and the ADMIN's just want to make their life easier, deleting the thread does not create any issues.

I did not ask to have the thread closed, I asked about deleting it.

What happened here is like going to a restaurant and ordering Chicken Parm dish and the person waiting on you brings you a Chicken sandwich. When you say something about that is not what you ordered they say back to you that it is Chicken, same thing!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Bruce, you know as well as I do, the Admins don't want to have to do any work with making their databases ACID-compliant and constantly having to run maintenance on it to keep it from having any orphaned nodes/tables. They call it pro-active, some of us who work in IT call it laziness. I seem to recall somewhere on the site it says that WE (the members) own our posts and are entitled to have them deleted if we so desire. It was done before on the pre-migration site and should be no reason why it can't be done now, except that would make more work for them.
Obnoxious posts are deleted all the time, what's the big deal here with deleting yours?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts