El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Past National Director
2,927 Posts
NECOA Looking for Regional Director in Hawaii Region 20 of NECOA covers the island of Hawaii. The position of Regional Director is presently vacant, since our friend Robin Cook, a.k.a., Mrappii died a few years ago. Today there are 38 registered members living in this region, of whom 9 are active posters on ECC with more than 10 posts each.

Some of the top posters in this area are: King John, Hawaii1984, nate68elky, rhirling, Empire932, j10nke, Lowco8, speedfreakjr, and ZEBBE. Perhaps these individuals can help us get this vacancy filled in the upcoming weeks.

If members living in this region are interested in helping NECOA grow by planning local events and gatherings -- or would like to recommend someone for this -- please contact any of the officers of NECOA by PM. You can also discuss this topic either by a posting in the Region 20 forum or gathering in the ECC Chat Room.

Best regards, John Harris, NECOA National Director

·
Registered
283 Posts
would like to set up a get together, on OAHU. maybe a night cruise. that would be sick. tryin to figure out how many people are out there that are interested...hit me back
Aloha'z,

I live in Ewa Beach. Always ready to cruise. My 85 is still a work in progress, but that just makes the drive all the better. Also, if you are looking for parts, hit me up and let me know what you need.

Aloha'z:nanawrench:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey King Jon:

I live in Hawaii when I am not overseas. I am now working in Lebanon; not a good place to be. I have a goreous 77 SS that I am rebuilding. I buy parts online when I am overseas and try to put them on when I return to the US. My SS is in Florida at my sisters house so that I can work on it when I get the chance. Once I finish my baby, I will drive it to LA and put in on Matson for her last ride.

Cheers,

Zeb

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I lived in Hawaii from 67 to 97 and had a 1979 El Camino for the last 12 years I was over there. So if you live on Ohau and see a maroon Elky with a white tanoue, and a dent on the passager side roof from something thrown from a hotel balcony; it was mine. Sure miss the islands and surfing.
MIke:beer::texas:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Roger that,

Yep, still here. You be careful out there Zebe! @ Elky 83, will be on the look out for that ride!:yell:Just finishing up my 85. Paint is complete, just need to finish the interior. Will definetly be at the Toys for Tots Cruise through Waikiki this year.:nanawrench: Aloha'z

·
Registered
794 Posts
I kinda feel like I'm a Hawaii player! My 68 used to 'live' in Hawaii, but sadly it wasn't mine then (I have never been there, but my wife got to live there when she was 18, with her sister who was stationed there with the Navy), the guy who owned it lived there at some point in the 80's / early 90's I think. There was still a Hawaii sticker of some kind on the back bumper when I got the car. He parked it when he came back to the states, and it sat for a lot of years in a garage. I bought it as a roller and boxes of pieces. So, if you lived there a long time ago, and got to see a black 68 with a big block, air, and a 4-speed - it might have been mine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hawaii El Camino

Chevy Guy
I have a 1972 El Camino SS (VA) and a 1987 El Camino (HI), also 1961 Corvette (HI) & 2005 Corvette (VA).
I am in Pearl City, Hawaii from Oct. -March.
April - Oct , I stay in Waynesboro, Virgina. I love cruse night in Hawaii, and in summer I try to attend big vette show & GM show at Carlisle, Love my Chevys.
Richard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts