El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious how many of you are the original owner of your Elky, and how many of you have had it passed down through the family. My dad was the original owner of mine and he passed it down to me when he found a barn queen with low miles to replace it. And my 6 yr old son has informed me that he wants mine when he starts driving but it has to be changed to red LOL. So mine will be in the family for another generation at least unless he changes his mind.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
My father and I special ordered the '85 Conquista That I now own. He needed the comfort of a car (he was having back pain and driving the leftover '76 Electra was more comfortable than his '70 C10) but needed a light truck. We couldn't find one at any local dealer so we went to Stamey Chevrolet in Cleveland, Ga and ordered it. I have all the paperwork including the invoice, the metal 'drop in a maibox' keychain, the build sheet, plastic 'commitment to excellence' card, and the life insurance for seat belt wearers paper. I even have the 'silver medallion' dealer prep packet that was never filled out. My five year old son calls it 'Papa's El Camino', but right now he wants my '85 Silverado when he can drive. Patrick

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
1987 Bought it in 88 still running like new with 300,000 + with only one freeze plug changed on the block itself. never rebuilt. Love it and saving for my granddaughter she's 1 1/2 years old so it will be around for awhile..:nanawrench::nanawrench: I will be picking it up today with a new paint job. This is what it looked like before I took it in. There were some paint issues with the hood you cant see.
Robert

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
I bought my 86 new off the lot at King chevrolet in Tyler. They had 3 to choose from, A brown Conquista, a black SS, and the blue one I got. My dad had to co-sign, and would not go for the SS. He tried to talk me into an s-10 for less $$, but I said no.

Here it is new
and now

Tim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow! now them are some cool stories......

I thought I just check in to see the response on original owners and it was overwhelming

1 - 7 of 7 Posts