El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of you know, my husband: TexasCornBread is a truck driver.
Today, another truck driver cut him off on I-44 (I think that's where) in Missouri, and this is the results of Jim's quick thinking (reflexes)...Nobody was injured, and Jim avoided hitting ANY other vehicles, but his truck might need a little work.

Let this be a little reminder to everyone to give the big rigs a little room, they can't stop on a dime. This could've had a totally different ending.
Drive carefully this Labor Day weekend!

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Glad he's ok Terry! I drove OTR for 8.5 years, so I know the drill.

just one question........couldn't he just have told them he wanted a few days off instead of going to such extremes to get it?? Just askin.

:dontknow: :beer: :texas:

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
Amen, drive carfully this weekend. Glad he's ok, and no one was hurt.
BTW That should buff right out :poke:

Tim

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,617 Posts
Most import, I'm glad he's OK! Good driving to avoid hitting anyone and keep the shiny side up. My dad was a trucker for over 30 years, and he had a few close calls, including one that looked very similiar to this excursion into the woods, all a result of someone pulling out in front of him.

Let this be a reminder to be considerate to all those truckers out on the road. They're just trying to make a living, and get home safely to their families.

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
All I can say is WOW.
Glad Jim's OK.
Hope everyone drives safe this Holiday weekend.
Remember there's a lot of NUTS out there.

·
0 Posts
Happy to know my buddy is doing ok! I bet that was one heck of a ride into the woods. I've had a similar crash like that before. Did he go to the hospital?

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
glad he is ok and all was needed was a clean change of clothes
be safe yall.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Happy to hear your hubby is okay. It could have been worse. Beautiful rig he has there. Can it be fixed or is the suspension and chassis totalled?

·
Registered
367 Posts
thanks guys. i'm fine. the truck totaled. a celadon truck cut in front of me and slammed on his brakes so i had to hit him or go in the median so i hit him somehow kinda kept control of the truck and went from the hammer lane to that shortcut i made in the woods. i was doing about 70mph when i hit him.
the seatbelt was the only thing that saved me and allowed me not to wipe out a bunch of cars. just remember i can't stop 40 ton on a dime.celadon got the ticket for improper lane change even tho i hit him. i got a 4 inch scratch on my arm (trying to get out of the woods) and am feeling fine this morning. everyone have a great weekend and drive safely.:beer:

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
So I gotta ask, I thought here in Texas it was always the back in the backs fault? Were there people that witnessed it or could the cops tell from the wreck?
Don't take me wrong I'm not blaming you, I've just always been told in a rear end wreck it was always the guy in the backs fault?
Glad your o.k. (at least as o.k. as you can be living with Texas Terry) Ha-Ha:poke:
Donny

·
Registered
367 Posts
it the law everywhere. there were witnesses. the cop didn't even look at my log book:nanawrench:so i'm asumming someone told the cop exactly what happened because he told me that he wrote celadon a ticket and that i was not at fault

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
TCB, hanging onto that rig must have been a trip. Anything like a mechanical bull?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Wow, glad no one was hurt! Also glad the cop did his job.:texas:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
..Sound like an insurance scam,glad it backfired on him..Glad your Ok Jim..Take the rest of the week off with pay...:beer::beer:
:beer:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
While Jim was still waiting for the fire dept to cut the trees down from around the truck, and all of the commotion was going on, Jim hollers to me on the phone.."Hey! There goes a white Elky!". I'm thinking to myself, "Okay, you just survived a terrible crash, the EMS are checking you over, I don't know much of the details of this crash, yet you're telling me you're seeing a white El Camino drive by?"
Priorities! Some things are just THAT important! :poke:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts