El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,294 Posts
Remove air filter ,look at front of carb toward passenger side. See hard fuel line from fuel tank . Engine cold. !! Look at face of carb where it is attached. Place a rag under this location for dripping fuel. Get a fuel filter like [ Gf-471 } , a large open end wrench maybe an inch and an eight,or an inch and a quarter . And a flare wrench like 13/16 " ? . Hold the large wrench on the one side of the fitting and turn the flare wrench on the fuel line side.Loosen fuel line has a flare on the end. Move slighty out of way DO NOT Bend ! Then loosen the the larger fitting with care it has a spring on the inside , Remove filter replace in reverse order do not over tighten . Start and check for leaks.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remove air filter ,look at front of carb toward passenger side. See hard fuel line from fuel tank . Engine cold. !! Look at face of carb where it is attached. Place a rag under this location for dripping fuel. Get a fuel filter like [ Gf-471 } , a large open end wrench maybe an inch and an eight,or an inch and a quarter . And a flare wrench like 13/16 " ? . Hold the large wrench on the one side of the fitting and turn the flare wrench on the fuel line side.Loosen fuel line has a flare on the end. Move slighty out of way DO NOT Bend ! Then loosen the the larger fitting with care it has a spring on the inside , Remove filter replace in reverse order do not over tighten . Start and check for leaks.
thanks a ton! gonna try it later this week :)

· Registered
757 Posts
Also at least mine was fussy when I went to put it back together. I found plumbers tape like thing to add to making it leak proof. Make sure to check it after a drive or two as well to be sure fuel line isn't leaking.

If your mileage doesn't. Change much you should try a seafoam crankcase cleaning it cleans up a lot of the deposits that build up. Do read the instructions and do it properly its meant to clean the system after a few uses but not all at once. I've done this myself and have noticed a smoother idle,increased mpg(not a ton but only done 1 cleaning so far) and more pep(305). I also use it in my tank but that's a another topic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.