El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a leak at my temperature sensor. Should therefore remove the brass mount. But it stuck. And the brass is so soft, so I'm afraid it will break. Some tips on how I should do?

· Premium Member
852 Posts
If the top piece is soft, maybe remove the whole assm. and work on it in a vice. Worse case if you can't get them apart is to replace it all.

· Registered
184 Posts
I ALWAYS like a back up plan if possible. Do everything possible to hold the bushing to the manifold and get the inner adapter out. If all fails, you still have the opportunity of then trying the larger bushing.

I would hold the outer with a box end and turn the inner with a 6 point

· Premium Member
12,128 Posts
I have the best luck with a box-end wrench, but if you do use a socket, go with a six-point like Jack recommended. It's really easy to tear up the hex on a brass fitting. If you use heat, how far away is the carb ? It's full of gas of course....

You also may be able to lay something flat across it, and whack with a hammer to jar it a bit. Not too hard of course....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.