El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can this be routed on a dual plane intake?
Kinda like this one on the tunnel ram....

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
sorry beast it wont work on a dual plane,maybe a air gap??:beer:
you better get all of your bugs worked out before you mash the button...

ask me how I know:secret::dontknow::beer:

·
Registered
532 Posts
i don't see any reason that could not be made to work on a dual plane (long as it will fit in the lifter galley), but a broken cam or thrown pushrod(or any metal flying through the lifter galley) could get bad if you were on the juice when it happened.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Blowing all your rods through the bottom of the block is a Big surprise !! X2 on you better have the bugs out !! or you will Blow the bugs out ! :secret:

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
This is what you need if you want to beat Lumpy and the Rose.

Attachments

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is something I wanna try on another 383 I have laying around. It has a dual plane intake but I don't see why it can't be done. I think its enough room but it seems the solenoid has to be mounted somewhere to where its concealed. My buddy has a 10 pound bottle he's been wanting to get filled and I thought it be better and safer to get a smaller bottle to throw in the glove box or even in the smugglers box.
Has anyone here ran a cheater system and hid it in the air cleaner?

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
After a lifetime of serious dragracing I can guarantee you one thing regarding nitrous oxide.......
You will surely turn your motor into a pile of rubble. Nitrous is great and the power is addictive. Then the day comes when you push the button and it all comes apart. Be careful and always run "rich" when boosting..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After a lifetime of serious dragracing I can guarantee you one thing regarding nitrous oxide.......
You will surely turn your motor into a pile of rubble. Nitrous is great and the power is addictive. Then the day comes when you push the button and it all comes apart. Be careful and always run "rich" when boosting..
That's why I planned on running it on a cheaper engine. The other 383 I have is beefy but cheap enough for me to make mistakes on.
Would a lil 100 shot hurt it every now and then?

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
This is what you need if you want to beat Lumpy and the Rose.
...I was thinking on the lines of this...

..Thats whats its going to take to beat the "Lumpy & Rose"...:poke:

Attachments

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Beast, you only have to go lean for a second to burn it down. Keeping the fuel/air "fat" and retarding your spark is critical to motor survival. Nitrous wll find your weakest link.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
beast listen to lockjaw and 383tpi I loved that reading when we mashed the button, however i wanted it to stay together a long time, so i havent put one on it since, however for belton 3 :dontknow::secret::texas::beer: cold plugs , pulll out at least 4/6 degrees (this is best accomplished with a msd retard box) good race gas , slicks , gears, rear suspension mods, good stall convertor, ect ect,
ya could just drop it off here and for a rightous fee ill set it up just like ol lumpy:poke:
:beer:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just for reference. A completely stock 2v 2000 gt was taking a 250 shot with 11 degrees pulled without issue and running mid 10s. Just need to tune it safe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts