El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally putting the dash wiring harness back in, two years after removing it for floor pan replacement and paint. It's not obvious to me how to route it from the c100 firewall connector. Does it wrap up and around the steering column? Here's what I've got so far. Thanks to anyone who can suggest which way it goes, or show a photo.

Here's the photo I have before I pulled the dash and harness, but I don't have anything behind the dash.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just finished figuring this out myself.
Put that piece that goes over the column behind where it is now, it gets routed above the plate that goes in before the steering column gets bolted up. Then the thick part of the harness had little clips about a foot apart, I found two. They clip into the dash back side. The clips go into little holes in the back side of the dash. One just below and behind the center vent and another about where the glove box is and takes it above it to your original ecm. The others you can figure out what they are from a schematic/diagram. Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I looked at the dash, and saw what you meant. But my clips are long gone from the harness. After trying a lot of different configurations I stumbled on routing the harness behind the AC ducts, just under the lip below the windshield. I was able to zip tie it in there, although I had to be careful to keep it low enough that the screws for the defrost vents didn't go into it.

Then I hung the AC ducts over the harness, and then put the dash in place to check fit. It all looks good. Now to get a gauge pod and gauges. I'm waiting until everything else is done to put on the dash cap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts