El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I determine what model Edelbrock carburetor I have on my car? I'm planning on taking it off and selling it, but don't know what exactly it is. Thanks!

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Terry, put up the number and I'll tell you what you have.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like it's 3353.
Here's a picture of it. Maybe one of you guys can see it...Thanks.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
#3353 is a catalog number. It is a 1405 600cfm manual choke according to my data.Is the choke wired open or hooked up to a cable ?

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
#3353 is a catalog number. It is a 1405 600cfm manual choke according to my data.Is the choke wired open or hooked up to a cable ?
Thank you, and I think it's just wired open. I do NOT like it on my car one bit-or the intake it sits on. They're both coming off ASAP and I'm going back to my original intake and Quadrajet. This one didn't feel like it was ever "kicking in" when the car was running like my Q-jet did.
Thanks for your help! :You_Rock:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Your Q-jet is a better carburetor and will deliver more performance if your motor has the size and mods. Edelbrocks are okay unless they sit around dry for a long time. The so-called "mechanic" that installed it probably found it in a recycling center.Wiring the choke open for you is indicative of the workmanship you mentioned. I hope you get it all straightened out without a lot of hassle.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your Q-jet is a better carburetor and will deliver more performance if your motor has the size and mods. Edelbrocks are okay unless they sit around dry for a long time. The so-called "mechanic" that installed it probably found it in a recycling center.Wiring the choke open for you is indicative of the workmanship you mentioned. I hope you get it all straightened out without a lot of hassle.
Thanks!! I agree. I'm not impressed with this set up on my car. Plan to put most of the old stuff back on and get rid of the "upgrades".

·
0 Posts
I removed the Edelbrock carb and went back with my Q-jet too. The Q-jet seemed to be better on gas plus the sound of those secondaries can't be replaced!

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...Ever since Vic bought the rights to the carter AFB's,they haven't been the same,All though, they are an easy carb to work on.:dontknow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts