El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 10 bolt with an Auburn posi (and a girdle). If I wanted to destroy it here is what I would do:

1. Need about 450 ft lbs or more (502 with nitrous maybe??)
2. Good, tight posi unit
3. manual tranny with a stout clutch
4. slicks, 28 x 10 x 15s? ...the bigger the better
5. a fat friend or two to weigh the car down.

what do y'all think?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Big block and 4 speed did mine in lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A manual tranny shocks the rear a lot more - that or a trans brake.

Torque kills 'em - not necessarily horsepower.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
A small amount of C-4 fastened to the pinion nose and detonated from a safe distance should do the job.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
This why I swapped in a 67 GTO rear with sealed bolt in Timken bearings rather than "'wet" roller bearings.It is also a lot stronger inside with beefier axles.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
drain it and use atf. my buddys kid did it to his 91 camaro.the auburn unit was trashed,and the gears turned blackand ended up with almost 40 thou. backlash in one trip from austin to san bernadino .ca. some auto parts store told him thats what it took.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Get rear ended by a semi? Lol

That or if youve got an automatic, keep it in first gear and while decellerating, hit the gas again at about 3 grand. Similar to dropping the clutch :beer:

·
Master Wrench
1,592 Posts
Give it to me! I would love posi. I got LSD
im pretty sure a posi and LSD are the same thing lol

anyways post pics!! hahaha i wanna know what happens for sure! just throw some slicks on it and stomp on the gas at every stop!

·
Registered
852 Posts
wheel hop. you dont need 500hp to destroy stuff. ive seen 260 hp destroy stuff way worse than twice as much with just a little wheel hop under power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts