El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got consistent internet back so I thought I’d check in: my little town of New Bern NC has been all over the national news this last week, including a Presidential visit. Boats in the streets and yards, trees down all over, and extensive flood damage to homes where no flood insurance was ever thought necessary.

We want everyone to know that New Bern has a strong sense of community and we are hard at it already, neighbors helping neighbors, feeding people, collecting items in need, clearing trees and limbs, and removing flood damaged belongings from homes. However, there are still many people here who are in need, so if your city has organizations that are collecting donations, please consider doing what you can.

I was very fortunate that my home was damaged very little, and was not flooded; we are concentrating on getting our businesses back up and running and doing what we can for others. We also know that other areas such as Wilmington NC are still in the thick of it as their rivers crest from heavy rainfall well upstream; and many small towns that will not get the attention that we have are still completely underwater now, like Pollocksville NC, Trenton NC and others.

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Wow it's amazing what mother nature can unleash but good Americans can always bounce back by helping each-other in need.:cali:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts