El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Deputy Director Supporting Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, the Beach Boys ring through my El Camino's speakers quite often. Even a 28-year-old like myself enjoys old rock music. It got me thinking, though, to make our trips in our old vehicles more authentic, wouldn't it be nice to have a bunch of music just from the year our truck was made? My '77 would be playing something trippy, for sure. I know music types have been discussed before, but if you could play only songs from your El Camino's birth year, what would they be? Sing it, Meat Loaf....

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Got to be the Crue.80's

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
I have a few...and the beauty of those songs from 1978, is that I was rockin' to them when they were brand new!
Here's what I'd have on my playlist...

Beast of Burden-Rolling Stones
Runnin' with the Devil-Van Halen
Shake Your Groove Thing-Peaches and Herb
and one of my all time favs,
Straight On-Heart!

I loves my music!! :beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Look who's playing at the L.A.County Fair this year.
STYX

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
When I was 16, the El Camino was new and Dad let me drive it some. I listened to Van Halen, ZZ Top, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Dire Straits, and whatever else was on 96 Rock. Now i'm 42, I listen to a lot of the same music, but now it's the classic rock station. (when I was young I saw the previous generations music, Stones, Beatles, Beach Boys, etc, appropriated for commercials and wonderered if that would happen to my music. And now I see Crue in a Kia ad, Judas Priest and Ozzy used for Honda, Journey for State Farm....funny.) Patrick.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yes, the Beach Boys ring through my El Camino's speakers quite often. Even a 28-year-old like myself enjoys old rock music. It got me thinking, though, to make our trips in our old vehicles more authentic, "oh, wouldn't it be nice" to have a bunch of music just from the year our truck was made? My '77 would be playing something trippy, for sure. I know music types have been discussed before, but if you could play only songs from your El Camino's birth year, what would they be? Sing it, Meat Loaf....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts