El Camino Central Forum banner

I can't wait until April

2K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  R/T 
#1 ·
I am hoping to be physically able to attend this show next month. I just can not stand being isolated any longer. What about you. Do you lust after a chance to show off your El Camino? My 1987 may not be top show quality but I love it, (I bet you love yours to). Lets get ourselves out of isolation and enjoy swapping tales and and just enjoy the comraderie.

What do YOU say?

#3 ·
The dates of Dec. 4 and 5 are not a good family time for me but I encourage others to attend ; especially , those of you that live closer by . There are a number of members in the Tampa , Bradenton , Kissimmee area that is just a drive nearby . R/T , it is good to hear you are feeling better :cool:

#4 ·
Thanks. Won't be allowed to drive until I see the surgeon on 12/11. Keeping my fingers crossed. Going to try to attend the Sun and Fun car show in Lakeland on 12/5, (wife will be my driver). Got a mobility scooter to help me get around at the show so I should be OK.

Reactions: Crs59
#5 · (Edited)
Wife and I will be there on the 5th. Meeting up with some folks from the Tampa Bay Classic Chevy Club. We plan to meet at the O'reilly's warehouse at 3300 County Line Road #200, Lakeland, FL 33811 at 8 am Saturday, and then drive together to the car
show. Hope to see you there.

#6 ·
R/T , Great to see that you feel well enough to attend the Sun `N Fun Show in Lakeland . I looked at the link you posted and it looks like a great show to attend ; especially the airplane and jet fly ins . Thanks for trying to get others to attend . Chris Nelson , is this show similar to the one you talked about previously around the Melbourne area ? Hope you and Mary are well . I have a couple of days of lots to do but will try to stop by in Palm Beach to say hello to you guys . Have some family things I need to do up there . Good news is that maybe I should bring a jacket for the cold front :oops:

#7 ·
No Lenny , I think the show I was talking about was in Titusville at the Valiant Air Command at TICO airport , they have a Air Museum there & an Airshow every March , we started going there back in 1979 from Ft. Lauderdale . They restore Warbirds there , my grand niece is their air to air photographer for them & her husband does restoration work on the planes as well as my son's best friend . they specialize in WWII & Korean War planes . They do have a small car show at the airshow in March . They also have small airshows In Melbourne , Vero Beach , the Lakeland Sun & Fun air show is the 2nd largest Fly in show in the world . Osh Kosh , Wis. is the largest . Our Thanksgiving gathering got cancelled when some family member came in contact with some positive case now more are testing positive . Mary had her 3 month stent exchange today , all ok . waiting on more test results for Covid . Hope you all are well .

#8 ·
Chris, Hopefully we can meet sometime in the near future. Our prayers are with your wife and we're glad that things all ok. Wish you were able to attend the event this weekend.

Anybody else out there interested? It looks like it will be a good show. Try and make it. It's been too long with no shows.
R/T

#9 ·
R/T , Thanks for the prayers , can't wait till our next gettogether , we have a great group of members here in region 6 , we usually have anywhere from 12-40 Elkys at the shows we go to & a group of regulars I have become great friends with . Good people , I been going to these shows with our gang for over 10 years now . I really miss them . By the way my daughter Jenny just tested negative but her father in law tested positive & has been sick , her mother in law tested negative ,her brother in law was in contact with a positive friend but found out at their Turkey day gathering so she had to cancel our dinner , hope this is all gone by Xmas so everyone can be together again .

#10 ·
Hope someone was able to attend the Sun `N Fun Show in Lakeland . Chris , thanks for the info on the east coast air/car shows . They all sound so good that I hope between the Pandemic , health and family matters we are able to meet at one . Best regards to your family . Chris`s wife Mary is noted for the delicious chocklate chip cookies she bakes for our get togethers . They taste great but you have to get to them before Edonthebeach discovers them .

#11 ·
My wife Ona and I were there for a few hours. She is my chauffer for now and she made sure I didn't over do it so we left early. It sucks not being able to do what I want. Oh well, I am on the green side of the grass. That is what counts. Anyway The show was great. Attendance was down because the was another show that ended up being scheduled for the same day. There were still 200 or 300 cars there. My scooter did not work so I didn't get to see them all. I took a few pictures for you all to see. Since I went with The Tampa Bay Classic Chevy Club most of the nearby cars were Chevys of some sort, (nothing wrong with That). Hopefully we will be able to start having our own events soon. Ok I will now attempt to post some pictures to whet your appetite to get out there and enjoy our toys and swap a few lies with those of like interests.

Attachments

#12 ·
HAVEN'T HAD ENOUGH.

Here are some more

Attachments

#14 ·
If you still have not had your fill of cars that are owned by people who love the classics, you will just have to attend these shows yourself when you gat a chance.

Hope you enjoyed the photos and hope to see you someday soon.
R/T

#15 ·
Have you seen the thread for "Ms Elly's First Annual El Camino Corral"
If not, check it out NOW.
It is for a GTG at Bok Tower outside of Lake Wales, Florida on February 27th.
If you are tired of not having an opportunity to meet with your fellow El Camino enthusiasts , here is your chance.
DON'T MISS OUT ON THE FUN!

#19 ·
The Hemi club I was in for years has met there 4 or 5 times over the years and have never had to get permission.

Don't wait to see what others are doing, they may be waiting on you.

Wife has informed me that we have a wedding to attend on the 30th in Virginia. No way I can not attend. You folks who are able should get up and head to the Palm Beach show

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.